Rebuilding my steed - part complete!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, due to time and my being a chump buying the wrong type of Front Mech, my steed is only half rebuilt but already starting to look the biz (well, it does to me that is.)

My Steed - part completed.jpg

It was completely stripped down, the old Sora groupset bagged in the shed and refitted with:
Used... 105-5600 Cranks, Shifters, Cassette and Shifters bought from Loco
New... 105-5700 Front and Rear Mechs, Chain, Cabling, SPD-SL's, as well as Bar Tape and Schwalbe Untremo Tyres
Total cost £240!

The frame is a Giant SCR3 1600g Alloy and the forks 700g composite
I already had the Racing7 wheels (been hibernating over the 7-month Winter!

Just looking to get some laquer polisher paste/cream as I can't afford a strip and respray.
Roll on the weekend when my replacement front mech and gear cables arrive and I can finish it.

OP
OP
TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD

Guru
Oh, and used hollow-tech BB from Loco too

Doesn't look like your brake pads are going to reach the rims? it may be the picture but your rear mech outer cable from the shifter to the downtube looks very short. Otherwise looking good.

OP
OP
TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD

Guru
Cheers tincaman, the cable is curved over past the centre of the stem then back to the lug on the downtube.
The line of he shot is exactly in lateral position to the cable so it looks straight.
The calliper is connected but loose so it's sprung right out so again looks way high same with the rear brake.

You had me worried a bit there.

Tony

OP
OP
TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD

Guru
Doesn't look like your brake pads are going to reach the rims? it may be the picture but your rear mech outer cable from the shifter to the downtube looks very short. Otherwise looking good.
Tincaman, you were right about the brakes!
Looks like my forks are set for 28mm tyres so require a longer drop (49mm?) on the caliper :sad:
I'll need to fit the old ones until I can flog the 105s and pay for a new pair.

Top Bottom