Reccomend to me some Neoprene Overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I bought a pair of DHB Extreme Weather neoprene overshoes a couple of years ago. They were good at keeping my feet dry and reasonably warm in tough winter conditions (I don't use mudguards so my feet get wet)

I pulled them out after Xmas to do a few rides in slushy conditions, only to find that the zip on both of them has failed...it's split apart and can't be reconnected

So I'm in the market for a pair of reasonably priced similarly "extreme weather" overshoes. If DHB is the best, I'll buy another pair. But been disappointed by the failing zips

Here you go

zoom_90e7a546a9aa4cdab99ecfd85c0d7f4d.jpg

They'll match your bike too. And it's a pair, so you'll have nearly as many overshoes as spokes

U

User6179

The zips go on most overshoes eventually , BBB ones seem to have the best zips, Endura seem to have the worst.

vickster

Legendary Member
Get some mudguards instead ;)

Mudguards plus Mavic toe covers keep my feet pretty dry unless heavy rain

The BBB overshoes seem to get good press

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Happy with my SealSkinz. No longer made with real walrus due to inshore hunting restrictions.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
The BBB zips on mine have lasted, unlike the ones on my Northwaves, which now have cable ties as the zip handle.
I don't know if it just me, but just below the left foot toe pocket developed a hole very quickly on my BBBs. I can only put it down to putting my left foot down when stopped and using the same foot to flick my pedal before clipping in. Necessitated inserting a patch from old neoprene hood.

U

User6179

I don't know if it just me, but just below the left foot toe pocket developed a hole very quickly on my BBBs. I can only put it down to putting my left foot down

Both mine are holed below the big toe.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Get some mudguards instead ;)

Mudguards plus Mavic toe covers keep my feet pretty dry unless heavy rain

The BBB overshoes seem to get good press

Neither road bike is designed to take them so it's heavy duty overshoes all the way

Looking at the zips on the DHBs again, they are really shitty, cheap things. No surprise they failed really.

Slick

Guru
Overshoes have a tough life, and need to be regarded as semi-disposable.
That's what I've found. Winter road salt just eats the zips, which is why I've been pretty reluctant to buy anything other than cheap rubber Boardmans from Halfords. I am tempted to get better ones as I had to cut the last set off as the zip failed when they were on the last time.

jay clock

Massive member
I gave up on overshoes when I got Northwave winter boots. What I can recommend for mid season (eg about March) when summer shoes are back, is the Decathlon 1mm neoprene shoes that go on really easily, being thin they stretch more. And £9.99.

Top Bottom