Reccomend to me some Neoprene Overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have had good success with Castelli Diluvio over the years, I have had to use the odd bit of neoprene glue to keep them whole, but my current pair have lasted thousands of miles. I find frequent washing keeps the zips working. I tend to pick them up in the summer sales for under 20 quid.

Sigma have some at the moment, but the logo is a bit flashy.
https://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/C...UoYxchxndbgdg4c6zJcaAlwGEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have had problems with overshoe zip failures too. I have never had the velcro type fail - they usually last until the undersides of the overshoes wear through.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Bontrager RXL are the most rufty-tufty overshoes I've ever had - cold weather only cos they have a fleecy lining, but they've lasted me about 6 winters. Not neoprene though! I like the Endura neoprene ones for simplicity and stretchiness but, as Adrian says, they don't last long. The Bontragers are made of stronger stuff on the bottom.

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
Planet X neoprene overshoes for me. Velcro fastening, so no zip to fail, pretty durable, though eventually the underside wears below the toe (reinforce with a sacrificial layer of duct tape), and dirt cheap too

Buck

Guru
I’ve got BBB ones and would have another pair. Mine are tow year old and in good condition still(mind you I’ve not used them much so far this winter!)

DHB's extreme weather overshoes are excellent, sadly though they never last more than a year or so, I'm on my third pair. That said, don't let that put you off, as I expect the competition is no more durable and suffer the same zipper failure resulting from road grime/salt and general wear. I haven't tried velcro type overshoes, though I might next time. The DHBs are warm and very water resistant.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
BBB heavy duty ones for me. They last at least two years when commuting every day, and I wear overshoes for probably six months of the year. Been using for many years. I tend to buy in summer when they are reduced, but knowing that doesn't help you now really.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Have just bought the Shimano ones £12.00 in the sales. my Endura zip broke after 3 years, can't complain about that, Have worn the Shimano ones half a dozen times and they seem fine.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I keep my Endura ones going for several (~3) seasons. When I forget to WD40 them in the spring (when they get put aside) the zips do seize up a bit. But WD40 gets them back. Suppose I should WD40 them a bit more often really.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
First pair of Endura MT500 lasted three years.

the last two pairs I have owned have been lucky to last a year

Will be looking at Velcro types from now on

AlanW

Guru
Another vote for the Northwave Goretex boots, had min just over twelve months now and in truth probably one the best cycling related items that I have ever bought, and wished I'd have bought them years ago. And as a commuter who was wreaking two to three pairs of overshoes a winter period, they have more than paid for themselves to, so win win.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I've got a pair of Endura zipless neoprene overshoes (Deluge ?). They're going strong in their 4th Winter although they don't get as much use as they used to since I got a pair of Northwave Winter boots.
To stop water running down into the NW boots, I use divers cuffs. Much better than Marigolds since they're more elastic and they don't tear as easily.
Not being yellow also helps ..........

Top Bottom