recconmendation for singlespeed/fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

musa

Über Member
ive managed to persuade mrs musa to allow to have another bike rather thn buy secondhand although an option a brand new one

i currently have singlespeed as it is but i want a new one so its 2 wud have gone for geared but that hype

so cc's can u help me
i get paid end of week so maybe i do it quicker than i think woooo

colinr

I have no idea from that why you don't want geared, but On One are doing full Pompinos for £399 at the moment, bargain.
http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOOPMPU/on-one-pompino-urban

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
I have no idea from that why you don't want geared

Interesting attitude on the singlespeed/ fixed part of the forum...
wink.gif

I don't entirely understand the original thread though.

Ibbots

I'm struggling a bit, but if you are asking for advice on a new single speed/fixed bike Pompino as mentioned above is ok. Pearson Touche gets good reports on here too. Both can be bought ready built or as frames only to build up yourself.

I have a Pompino and would say it's heavy, especially if you go for the matching CroMo fork but a nice ride, good clearances and adaptable. The other problem with it (for me anyway) is the fact that you have to use V or cantilever brakes. I'm swapping my Pompino frame for something a bit lighter that will take road brakes on front and rear.

+1 for not fully understanding the OT, but here I go anyway :whistle:

I have a 2010 Langster Steel, (better looking than the 2011 version imo). If you can still find one it's a great bike. Like Ibbots's bike, it is on the heavy side, but it's steel so you have to expect that.

HARGROVES CYCLES are still showing stock of 58cm bikes :thumbsup:

GB CYCLES are still showing stock of 56, 58 and 61cm bikes, but he is a bit dearer, might price match though :thumbsup:

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
apologies i wrote it in a rush re edited

ive managed to persuade mrs musa to allow me to get bike

i currently have singlespeed as it is but i wanted to get a road bike with gears but not feeling the issues of getting into problems with gears ie index and groupsets and etc etc

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
could do with that

Something with hub gears?

Top Bottom