Recommend a cycle computer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
The cateye velo plus is good. They do the velo 5 (wired) for about £15 as well. Depends on what you want on it though

vickster

Legendary Member
I have the velo wireless, on two bikes, I have covered 2k miles with the model, never as issue (now that's jinxed it)

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
i use the cateye strada cadence computer (wired) only ever had a slight problem sometimes with the cadence magnet moving ever so slightly and its done 1500 miles so far with no problems.

+1 for the Decathlon ones. I'm using the £20 version and after using Cateye, Bryton and various others the Decathlon one was the easiest computer I've ever set up, it looks good on the stem and it just works where many have proved temperamental very quickly IME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I've reverted to wired after a 2xAA Smart Polaris caused interference with a wireless computer, and I dropped my VDO wireless one & the screen cracked leaking liquid crystal.

I have an Aldi £5 one but would not recommend it. It conks out once you go over 35 miles in the rain (which is not really unreasonable, when you think about it!!).

stewie griffin

Über Member
Sigma BC906, a wired, cheap, hard as nails computer if you just want the basic speed, time, odo, trip, trip time, total time/odo, average, etc.
I have two on my bicycles (one is the older BC800, has worked for years) & two on my motorbikes as they used to be (still are?) the only ones good for something like 170kph. One's done about 65Kkms.

OK, you might not need that last feature :laugh:

(Edit, looks like it's a BC509 now, not much more than a tenner if you shop around)

I've reverted to wired after a 2xAA Smart Polaris caused interference with a wireless computer, and I dropped my VDO wireless one & the screen cracked leaking liquid crystal.

I have an Aldi £5 one but would not recommend it. It conks out once you go over 35 miles in the rain (which is not really unreasonable, when you think about it!!).
I had an Aldi one, stops over about 22-24mph.

Top Bottom