Recommend a good cycling biography....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I've read that many that they all seem to blur into one, but this one is definitely the best.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Brilliant research, well written and proves many arguments for providing cycling infrastructure and where it has been done when people said it couldn't be.

OP
OP
T

Tripster

I think sometimes it’s like that with a lot of subject specific books, especially sport. Good to hear of one that stands out. I guess that’s why I like the Sean Conway, Mark Beaumont books more than peleton biography type books @stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
I think sometimes it’s like that with a lot of subject specific books, especially sport. Good to hear of one that stands out. I guess that’s why I like the Sean Conway, Mark Beaumont books more than peleton biography type books @stephec
In that case you might like French Revolutions by Tim Moore.

Personal Best by Beryl Burton.

I have 'The world of cycling according to G' but haven't read it yet but snippets of it look amusing.

'PB' is very good, but a bit dry (for want of a better phrase) & very factual

'According To G' is a great read:okay:

Eddy Merckx
Simon Burney CX book was the one to read, probably still is!!

7-Eleven is very interesting, for the creating of a team

Allan Peipers is cracking
Brownlees shows the commitment, & their days of junior fell running (which they still do when they can, & I've lined up with them at some)

OP
OP
T

Tripster

'PB' is very good, but a bit dry (for want of a better phrase) & very factual

'According To G' is a great read:okay:

Eddy Merckx
Simon Burney CX book was the one to read, probably still is!!

7-Eleven is very interesting, for the creating of a team

Allan Peipers is cracking
Brownlees shows the commitment, & their days of junior fell running (which they still do when they can, & I've lined up with them at some)

View attachment 574867

View attachment 574868

View attachment 574869
Some great choices there Richard, many thanks. Read the Brownlee book. Originally from Bradford and enjoyed following their triathlon racing

OP
OP
T

Tripster

I remember seeing a book by ‘G’ and sure my dad who passed away recently had it. Just went in garage and rummaged around to find these .........
4CF86A63-50E9-49B0-BC01-1097260EDC91.jpeg

all unread...

Some great choices there Richard, many thanks. Read the Brownlee book. Originally from Bradford and enjoyed following their triathlon racing

I know I wrote that I've lined up with them.......... not for long as they disappear!!
They'd show up at the 'Woodentops' races, up at Penistone Hill (Haworth), or the 'Harriers v Cyclists (Dowley Gap, Bingley)
They'd run in their club colours; Bingley Harriers (same club as Rob Jebb, the multiple 3 Peaks CX winner)

article-2255246-16B4070B000005DC-794_634x402.jpg

Top Bottom