Recommend a good on-line CD supplier that IS NOT AMAZON!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I've managed to crack buying many things on-line without Amazon, but not CDs yet. To save me the bother searching, does anyone have any recommendations? Musical taste is very diverse.
Don't have a local shop to order through otherwise I'd probably use them.

Yeah yeah, I know streaming is the future. But right now I want to purchase my growing list of CDs.
Cheers
FF the luddite.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Reflex Records
Action Records
Jumbo Records

Independent record shops are the way to go.
The 3 above are just off the top of my head.

Many independent record shops sell as market place through both Amazon and Ebay also.

SPOTIFY
POTIFYS
OTIFYSP
TIFYSPO
IFYSPOT
FYSPOTI
YSPOTIF

It really is a revelation. When playing an artist you like, choose the Play Radio option and it plays similar music from similar artists you may not know about and discover a whole bunch of new stuff. It really is a very good way to expand you music selection. It also means you can try out more obscure stuff which you may not have thought worthy of buying a CD.

So, don;t think of it as a benefit of playing music easier, think of it as a great way to listen to more and varied music....and it only costs the same as 1 CD a month.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What is a CD ?

It's one of those thingys that came after the 'tape cassette'.

Sharky

Guru
We are still a very much CD household. Daughter no 1 is autistic and does not have the skills to use a keyboard or touch screen etc, so needs to be able to select what music she wants from the physical cases and brings it to us to insert into the player. Our daughter no 3, however is a streamer and recently given us all her CD's, so many now that we hardly have room to store them all.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Blackwell's. The music shop mail order department has gone downhill since the days it was run by @rvw, but they do still have a decent stock, and it's online these days.

(I assume you are after proper music...)

Levo-Lon

Guru
As with most things music it's all downloads..
I have a cd player in my van ..I know awesome.
I like cds and often just get them via eBay.
I don't do phone Bluetooth music..yet .

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Spotify is ok but it's not CD quality, or so I believe. Tidal is, but you have to pay £20 a month for that. That would be fine if I was younger and always listening to new music. I ripped all my CD's to lossless FLAC files stored on a hard drive in my HTPC. I use Kodi as a front end, using an Arcam DAC connecting it via USB to my hifi. I've got all the cd's under a simple alphabetical artist menu system. It sounds excactly the same as CD player through the same DAC. If I want something different, I usually buy the CD used from Musicmagpie and rip it to FLAC and store it on the computer. I prefer it to a pay monthly service, as I wouldn't use that enough.

I think the problem is with the above method, is that you chop and change tracks a lot, if you had to change a CD you'd listen to complete albums possibly. I've been toying with the idea of getting a turntable, this would obviously make me listen to full sides of albums etc. The price of vinyl puts me off, as does the looking after/lifespan of records. There's something to be said about having a disc of some description and the artwork. Although the method I use sounds no different at all. I'm guessing that a decent turntable would sound a bit warmer than digital music does..

Top Bottom