Recommend a mini pump...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I have a Topeak Mini Master Blaster with gauge. I am not sure how good the gauge is but the pump is pretty good IMHO for a mini pump. It does a good job of blowing up tyres until you get home and use a track pump.

http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...=Os0zUOfAA8TY0QXA34GABg&sqi=2&ved=0CHwQ8wIwBA

ohnovino

Large Member
Lezyne pressure drive pump (about £28 ) very small,light and a 120psi output (or close to it)
+1

80psi is effortless, 100psi requires a little bit of a push, 120psi is possible with a little patience. I got mine with the intention of it being a backup to some CO2 canisters, but I'm so impressed with the Lezyne that there's no need for the CO2.

£24.25 @ Merlin

PpPete

Legendary Member
Lezyne - if you want small & light.
The medium length "Road Drive" that I have is astonishingly efficient for such a small unit.
Far better than the Topeak DXG that preceded it.

OP
OP
Rob3rt

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Thanks, yes small and light is exactly what I want :smile: I have a Topeak Joe Blow Sport 2 for home use, just wanting a new mini pump to take out in my pocket since my current one is a bit crap and is on its way out (I also lost the bike mount for it).

vickster

Legendary Member
I think Ribble might have the one I mentioned a little cheaper - unless you want blingy gold, Evans seemed to have gone up since I bought mine a few weeks ago

RhythMick

Über Member
The BLACKBURN mini pump is extremely well engineered and I had no problem getting my road tyres up to what felt like the right pressure (though it doesn't have a gauge, I confirmed with the track pump at home that I'd hit 90psi)

Scruffmonster

Über Member

fudgepanda

I believe I have that one. Very good, very reliable and very small!
Bought one of these Topeak mini thingys from Evans which has a 120psi capability with the dual valve type hose. I took it home and unscrewing the adaptor to deal with the Schrader type valve pumped away like mad to inflate tyres on an old mountain bike that had almost completely flat rubber. After a hundred pumps (I counted) there seemed to be little or no improvement. I then moved to the back tyre and a hundred pumps later.....bu**er all difference. I decided to give up and go and have a brew planning to return later. As I went back towards the kitchen I screwed the adaptor back into the pump intending to write a scathing review on here when I noticed that, yes, you guessed it, I had the nozzle in the wrong position. Recovering quickly I went back to the bike and after about a hundred thrusts the front looked about right. A hundred more and the rear also had pressure although I've no idea how much. Overall I'd say this is a good little pump as long as you don't give it to an idiot to operate!

lb81

I bought a halfrauds own brand 'mini' pump the other day. Only got it because i wanted one small enough to fit in the saddle bag. Its small (smaller than a Pocket Rocket), does up to 120psi and works which is good enough for me as its only for emergency use! Think it was about £18...

Top Bottom