Recommend a pannier that'll fit this rack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slioch

Guru
I want to get a cheap and cheerful pannier that'll fit onto my folding bike, but the rack on it is a curved shape rather than straight, so normal panniers won't fit. I've already got Altura panniers that I use on my tourer, but they won't fit onto this rack because they have a rigid strip that the hooks are attached to, so won't bend to fit.

I know a rack top bag would be another option, but I've tried one and can't be bothered with the faff of getting down on my knees to fiddle about underneath adjusting the velcro tabs every time I need to take it on and off.

Any thoughts?

TIA

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
What make is the rack, try that brand for panniers
I have an ALaura rack pack otherwise that uses Velcro, never had to fiddle around underneath, just pass the straps through and stick together

iluvmybike

Über Member
I'd just change that rack and fit a new one then use your existing bags. You are gonna struggle to find a panneir bag to fit that. Racks can be bought fairly cheaply whereas bags can be costly.

raggydoll

Über Member
I agree with iluvmybike.
I'd be tempted to get another rack with straight tubes and then you could hopefully use your existing bags.
I'd say that the rack fitted is style over substance and designed by someone who doesn't realise that most if not all panniers need to attach to straight racks.
Need to find one that fits a folder though and make sure the bag is high enough off the floor etc as the folder has 20" wheels.
Worth looking into though.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
The hook rail on Ortlieb panniers is somewhat flexible, so if you set the hooks narrow it could probably be persuaded to clip on. It would always be awkward though.

Racktime do racks sized for 20" wheels, compatible with their own snap on/off racktop bag fittings, which would resolve the problem of groping under a knee-level rack for the ends of velcro straps.
(Racktime is the Tubus aluminium brand)

Other than that, it's probably a throw over pannier set like @DRM's

Top Bottom