Recommend a Pothole App

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Fixmystreet because it also handles dud lights, flytips, overgrowth and so on.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Two local councils no longer subscribe to that site, so no alert to any problems reported on it.
They do not have to subscribe to it - it submits through the patchwork of local council crap apps and then you get the alerts from the council directly. That does mean that people have to reply with FixMyStreet's monthly "is it fixed yet?" questions to update the status, though.

Councils can of course deliberately ignore reports sent through it, but doing so does not protect highways departments from liability under the Highways Acts if damage is then caused as a result of a problem that they ignored the report of, so it's a rather risky strategy. I also suspect that any council ignoring a government-funded app like FixMyStreet is going to ignore CTC's Fill That Hole and other third-party apps.

classic33

Leg End Member
They do not have to subscribe to it - it submits through the patchwork of local council crap apps and then you get the alerts from the council directly. That does mean that people have to reply with FixMyStreet's monthly "is it fixed yet?" questions to update the status, though.

Councils can of course deliberately ignore reports sent through it, but doing so does not protect highways departments from liability under the Highways Acts if damage is then caused as a result of a problem that they ignored the report of, so it's a rather risky strategy. I also suspect that any council ignoring a government-funded app like FixMyStreet is going to ignore CTC's Fill That Hole and other third-party apps.
Launched using government funding, now part of a newspaper. Which is possibly why councils don't subscribe to it.

OP
OP
Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Newspaper?

A what? I’ve googled it, but it doesn’t know either.

Top Bottom