Recommend a PPI claims company

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
Every website I go on seems to have an ad reminding me that I am never, ever going to sort out my own PPI claim, because I've too disorganised and hate all that kind of stuff, but that the window to make a claim is going to close soon enough.

I am certain I have a valid claim on some cards and a bank loan I got after graduating, and possibly a mortgage, so I really ought to do something, but I can't get over feeling like all the claims companies are shady sounding opportunists - which I'm sure they're not.

If you have any specific companies you would recommend to sort it all out for me and keep as little as possible for themselves I'd appreciate it!

Cheers

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I hate that sort of stuff too, but as a first port of call I'd suggest a look at Martin Lewis's guide - I haven't used it myself, but I've always found him very clear and straightforward. My guess would be that it involves little more than filling out a templated letter and sending it to anyone you can think of. I did that with a mis-sold mortgage a few years back - took me all of five minutes, got me £7k without a quibble. I could have got someone else to do it for me - but that would have meant giving them something like £2-3k of my money for five minutes' work - and that kind of goes against the grain...

Globalti

Legendary Member
All PPI claims companies ARE shady-sounding opportunists. They take 25% of your claim because you can't be bothered to fill in the form. One self-styled IFA who we know made a fortune out of selling PPI, went almost bankrupt and has now made a second fortune reclaiming all the PPI he sold.

vickster

Legendary Member
Don’t bother with a claims company, just contact the banks/lender directly. They’ll help you do it. I reclaimed over 12k a few years ago from Lloyd’s, no fees I got all the money.
This and you don't lose a third or more of the amount. Need to do it fast though now

When you call them, make sure you have all the info to hand, including account details if at all possible

vickster

Legendary Member
All PPI claims companies ARE shady-sounding opportunists. They take 25% of your claim because you can't be bothered to fill in the form. One self-styled IFA who we know made a fortune out of selling PPI, went almost bankrupt and has now made a second fortune reclaiming all the PPI he sold.
You don't usually need to fill in a form, just made a free phone call to the provider, easy :smile:

Top Bottom