Recommend a really good ant killer/bate trap.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have an infestation of very tiny ants. Mainly in the kitchen.
Thay appear 'anywhere' (dont know the source) so I can't be putting powder** down......especially on work surfaces.
I had them last year and put those flat round ones down. The ones I used were from Screwfix. I put 3 down but they had no effect.....I didn't see a single and visit them.
**I had ants in the porch and sprinkled powder down and that quickly worked but as I say, these are in the kitchen. I have sprinkled a small amount of powder on the floor where I seen them but can't afford to have it over work surfaces etc.
Thanks

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
If you can't see where they are getting in then it's likely they are getting in from behind the worktops/floor units maybe? CAn you take the kick boards up and have a look underneath? I've found that the powder is the most effective, as they can carry it back to the nest and spread it around.

There must also be a nest outside somewhere, have you looked everywhere? I find the small ants nests are usually underground in the dirt/lawn

See if you can find where they are getting onto the worktop - you may be able to put some to block their path

We use DeathLak - its a spray which puts a layer on top of what you spray it on. This gets o their feet and the walk it back to the nest
apparently
so if you can find their routes you can just cover an area on it that they will walk over

Other than that - on worktops all you can do is keep them super clean and keep allfood type stuff off them for a while

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
If you can't see where they are getting in then it's likely they are getting in from behind the worktops/floor units maybe? CAn you take the kick boards up and have a look underneath? I've found that the powder is the most effective, as they can carry it back to the nest and spread it around.

There must also be a nest outside somewhere, have you looked everywhere? I find the small ants nests are usually underground in the dirt/lawn

I fear you may be correct. I suspect they are behind the fridge but they don't seem to have a trail.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Get one of these:

Screenshot_20240409-134359.png

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Found Ant Stop to be the best comes in bait station, Granules or a spay. It's based on a natural soil bacteria that kills them.
Other placers sell it but the link will show you want it looks like.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Home-Defence-Stop-Bait-Station/dp/B07JGK8B8G?th=1

Thank you for that.

Red17

Veteran
We've had them a couple of times in the kitchen.
Nippon ant killer has got rid of them within a couple of days. It's like a gel so easy to put in a milk bottle lid or similar to keep it away from food

Kingfisher101

Über Member
You need give the kitchen a good clean as well with disinfectant surface sprays and make sure all food is totally secure, no open packets etc. They can come in for food.https://www.pestdefence.co.uk/news/what-attracts-ants-and-how-do-i-get-rid/ .Some good tips here.

Last edited:

Debade

Über Member
We've had them a couple of times in the kitchen.
Nippon ant killer has got rid of them within a couple of days. It's like a gel so easy to put in a milk bottle lid or similar to keep it away from food
Having been in the business, USA, this is the approach. The ants you see are collecting food for the nest. It takes some time to collect enough poison food to eliminate the nest. You can’t put out too many of these feeding stations. Put them close to where you see the ants and they will get together in a feeding frenzy and more and more ants will arrive. Keep feeding them with more stations or adding another drop to existing stations. This will take time but the best and safest approach.

Make your own bait stations. by buying a product that you can squeeze out a drop on a small surface like 1x1 waxed cardboard. Put 2 or 3 drops on a few cardboard bait stations near the ants you see. Right on their trail. They will warm up to it as soon a few of the brave ants realize it is food. It can be placed anywhere as long as you don’t have pets you are careful not to include it in you dinner recipe. But the closer you put the bait near the ant parade, the sooner it will be discovered and delivered to the nest

Top Bottom