Recommend a warm jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
er, why not just buy a fleece jacket? I do have one of the Gore Soft Shell jackets, it is too warm for all but the very coldest of days.

OP
OP
P

peanut

domtyler said:
er, why not just buy a fleece jacket? I do have one of the Gore Soft Shell jackets, it is too warm for all but the very coldest of days.
thats the problem. The slightest effort in a fleece gives you thermal overload. :biggrin:

I need a jacket that has some vents etc with a long back to cover my tail ?:rolleyes: err should that be a long tail to cover my back:biggrin:

OP
OP
P

peanut

Tharg2007 said:
why not use layers, the colder it gets the more layers you wear :eek:

I have tried layers but find they make me very hot and sweaty if there is any undue exertion required (hills ):ohmy:

I just need a cycling jacket that has some sort of windchill proofing or lining .All I have at the moment is those ultra light nylon type capes that you scrunch up in your fist and stuff in your jersey pocket.

gavintc

Guru
For christ sake, it is still autumn! You should not need a winter jacket yet. If you are cold, put a helly hansen style undershirt on. If you are really cold - get an Asssos 851 - very warm and toasty.

Tynan

Veteran
if you really want no compromise warm it has to be the altura nightvision

plus you get proper waterproof and windproof and very very hi viz

well made bar the zip problems, I love it other than too bloody warm for anythig other than proper cold days

Tharg2007

Veteran
i just bought the gore countdown III jacket, windproof, waterproof and with a couple of layers underneath it will be toasty warm :eek:

domtyler

Über Member
Tharg2007 said:
i just bought the gore countdown III jacket, windproof, waterproof and with a couple of layers underneath it will be toasty warm :ohmy:

Yeah, I think that's the one I have, I paid a bloody fortune for it and have since worn it three times! :eek:

OP
OP
P

peanut

gavintc said:
For christ sake, it is still autumn! You should not need a winter jacket yet. If you are cold, put a helly hansen style undershirt on. If you are really cold - get an Asssos 851 - very warm and toasty.

wait until you are nearly 60 mate and see how well your metabolism works when you have a dozen different ailments like arthritus,bronchitus,hypothyroidism,diabetes etc etc
youth today eh ! ? tsk tsk :eek::biggrin::biggrin:;)

domtyler

Über Member
Tharg2007 said:
so why dont you wear it? what colour and size is it?

It's black and just makes me cook in anything but the very grimmest of weather. I just don't find it that comfortable because the sweat doesn't evaporate and so makes you feel very clammy and even though you are sweating buckets, you are cold at the same time, if that makes any sense?

It does look very cool though, it would be a great jacket for walking or for pootling slowly on the bike, just not for full on commute mode.

domtyler

Über Member
I guess I could be open to offers. I'd better post some details on size and model before taking it any further though. I'll PM you tonight.

Top Bottom