Recommend me a Cyclocross bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamin100

Guru
looking to get into a bit of cyclocross this season, never done it before but it looks good fun

I'm looking to spend around the £400 for a CX bike and am fully prepared to go 2nd hand

I ride a 54cm in my supersix evo so something of s similar size. Think I'd rather cantilever brakes but would be willing to tro disc's if needed

Anyone have any recommendations on what to look for within my budget ?

outlash

also available in orange
Cross racing is excellent fun, very friendly and increases your bike handling skills no end.

I wouldn't be looking at Canti's. Pigs to setup and are no match at all for discs, and that's in the dry.... The most popular bikes I've seen at races are Cannondale CAADX's & Kinesis pro 5/6's but a wide spread of other bikes. If you're not serious, stick with Aluminium and not worry about the bike. As a mate of mine says 'race at the front, party at the back'.

Halfords have a couple at the £300 mark or so at the a 13 and Voodoo, (I had been looking at one myself but its not going to happen anytime soon now), both weigh in at about the 12Kg mark. I did see a nice Forme over on ebay £550 ish 9sp sora, the others are 8sp Claris.

Top Bottom