Recommend me a Grease Gun

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking for a grease gun as I've just bought a tub of Finish Line Ceramic Grease. The Finish Line grease gun didn't get very good reviews.

Can someone please recommend?

I was looking at either this Sealey:

61WErCFSGOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

or this Dualco:

2DULG1-18.jpg

I liked the Sealey because it has different size nozzles.

Any suggestions please?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I just use a syringe (without a needle).

cheys03

Veteran
I have the Dualco. It's a decent enough tool but the changeable nozzles on the Sealey has me interested too. Ultimately I guess each pump of the mushroom pushes out the same about of grease no matter the nozzle and the one on the Dualco covers most bases.

Reactions: C R
Speedplay pedals

I bought this after finding the syringes didn't quite work.

However I've not got round to doing my speedplays so I can't vouch for how well this works! ^_^

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-05-17-30-54-50_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-05-17-30-54-50_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 10

newts

Veteran
I might be missing something here, but....

Why do you need a grease gun for a bike?

It's less messy than using a finger when lubing ones balls (cup & cone).

Reactions: C R

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
It's less messy than using a finger when lubing ones balls (cup & cone).

We'll you're doing it wrong then!

Put the layer of grease around the cup with your finger, then use the stickyness of the grease on that same finger to pick up the bearings one at a time and arrange them around the cup before applying another smear of grease over the top. Then flip the wheel over and repeat.

newts

Veteran
We'll you're doing it wrong then!

Put the layer of grease around the cup with your finger, then use the stickyness of the grease on that same finger to pick up the bearings one at a time and arrange them around the cup before applying another smear of grease over the top. Then flip the wheel over and repeat.

One prefers to keep one's digits grease free during ball assembly.

simongt

Guru
I've had a Dualco for years now and not had any issues with it at all. :okay: Refilling is a bit messy, but whatever - ! :laugh:
However, I did buy the TF2 tube with the gun attachment and ended up not being able to get the tube off the gun ( I may have cross threaded it, but don't think so ), so essentially it's useless. I may have a crack at digging the tube off the gun and see what happens. :whistle:

As for those 'why do you need a grease gun' folk, it's handy for getting lube into awkward places without getting it all over your fingers and then having to wipe them clean every time - ! :laugh:

Top Bottom