Recommend Me a...Padlock

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by cosmicbike, 4 Mar 2018.

1. cosmicbike

cosmicbike Perhaps This One..... Moderator

I know, a padlock. Not a bike lock mind.

I have access to a bike locker at work now, and I need to supply a padlock. Given I don't want the hassle of locking the bike up in the bike locker, it should be half decent. The locker is directly outside the office windows (not mine though), so hopefully big bolt croppers shouldn't be a threat....

2. Bonefish Blues

Bonefish Blues Banging donk

Take a look at the Container Locks like these:

https://www.strongholddirect.co.uk/...jLcAe5Z1_dj-869MQ3CHtQPhVQ8m9wOhoCF1cQAvD_BwE

3. simongt

simongt Über Member

Rather depends on the nature of the folk who walk past said lockers. If they're decent, then a simple 'opportunist offputter' will suffice. However, if there are any braindeads who think it entertaining to break into the lockers, or attempt to do so, then you're going to need something as suggested by Bonefish Blues. only you will know the nature of your work colleagues.

4. Drago

Drago Guru

5. OP
    OP
    cosmicbike

6. OP
    OP
    cosmicbike

It's my work colleagues, though there are about 1000 of them. I'd like to think they were honest...

7. OP
    OP
    cosmicbike

Drago likes this.
  8. Bonefish Blues

Bonefish Blues Banging donk

Hey-ho, never mind, it was worth a thought.

cosmicbike likes this.
  9. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

Check the size hole the padlock needs to go through? If it fits, that ABUS or a good motorcycle disc lock isn't too showy.

Also, as long as it's not easy to pick, don't worry about the lock too much because a snazzy lock mainly advertises that the locker has valuable stuff in and usually the door is weaker than most locks. Gaffer tape and marker or paint pens can be good for making good locks look ratty.

cosmicbike likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice