Recommend Me a...Padlock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I know, a padlock. Not a bike lock mind.

I have access to a bike locker at work now, and I need to supply a padlock. Given I don't want the hassle of locking the bike up in the bike locker, it should be half decent. The locker is directly outside the office windows (not mine though), so hopefully big bolt croppers shouldn't be a threat....

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk

simongt

Guru
Rather depends on the nature of the folk who walk past said lockers. If they're decent, then a simple 'opportunist offputter' will suffice. However, if there are any braindeads who think it entertaining to break into the lockers, or attempt to do so, then you're going to need something as suggested by Bonefish Blues. only you will know the nature of your work colleagues.

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Rather depends on the nature of the folk who walk past said lockers. If they're decent, then a simple 'opportunist offputter' will suffice. However, if there are any braindeads who think it entertaining to break into the lockers, or attempt to do so, then you're going to need something as suggested by Bonefish Blues. only you will know the nature of your work colleagues.
It's my work colleagues, though there are about 1000 of them. I'd like to think they were honest...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Check the size hole the padlock needs to go through? If it fits, that ABUS or a good motorcycle disc lock isn't too showy.

Also, as long as it's not easy to pick, don't worry about the lock too much because a snazzy lock mainly advertises that the locker has valuable stuff in and usually the door is weaker than most locks. Gaffer tape and marker or paint pens can be good for making good locks look ratty.

Top Bottom