recommend me a small bike pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Plenty of threads
https://www.cyclechat.net/search/11176/?q=Mini+pump&o=relevance

, Lezyne for me as I like the flexi hose but others don't like

Assume you mean Presta

One of the Topeak morph pumps - which one depends on your bike.
All excellent - mini track pumps - spares readily available.
Avoid the very small type without a tube on them and a foot-hold - just remember that the thing is supposed to pump your tyres up with minimal effort without wrecking your valves - the others are I believe also available from lovehoney with a free sachet of lube.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
which is simple to use and does the job....bought two so far and both rubbish. Priests valve also. Many thanks
Here is the truth about pumps. When out with a group and somebody has a p*ncture, there follows a lot of fcking about with CO2 and vigourous self-gratifying with mini-mini pumps. Then somebody rocks-up with a proper zefal or similar long-barrel pump and suddenly all the mini- pumps disappear and the job is done in a few strokes and to a proper pressure.

Get a proper long-barrel pump.
Here endeth the lesson....

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Another vote for the Topeak Road Morph.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
One of the Topeak morph pumps - which one depends on your bike.
All excellent - mini track pumps - spares readily available.
My sister was going to get me one for Christmas a few years ago. She went to Halfords and they had sold out of Topeaks but she got me a very similar Halfords model which has been very good. It is great being able to use body weight on the handle when knackered and arm strength is lacking.

Here is the truth about pumps. When out with a group and somebody has a p*ncture, there follows a lot of fcking about with CO2 and vigourous self-gratifying with mini-mini pumps. Then somebody rocks-up with a proper zefal or similar long-barrel pump and suddenly all the mini- pumps disappear and the job is done in a few strokes and to a proper pressure.

Get a proper long-barrel pump.
Here endeth the lesson....
Additional lesson - if you have a decent pump (ie mini track pump), restrain yourself from ideas of cyclist solidarity by offering someone who has trotted out with a mini jewellry pump your proper pump. Last time I did that - handed a metropolitan fixie poseur my topeak morph, he struggled to get his head round a proper pump, bent the foot the wrong way and snapped it off. Said he'd replace it - never did. Grr!!!
Let them suffer.
Mind you I'm a grumpy sod famous for refusing water to a dying roadie who had come out with half a water bottle to save weight.

My sister was going to get me one for Christmas a few years ago. She went to Halfords and they had sold out of Topeaks but she got me a very similar Halfords model which has been very good. It is great being able to use body weight on the handle when knackered and arm strength is lacking.
yes excellent - I'd steer clear of most "copies" though - I once had one fall apart on me. Edinburgh Bike Co-op used to do a decent one (may be a rebranded Giyo - a decent company) - the foot is metal, had no issues with it but unlike Topeaks it can't be taken apart/rebuilt.

In short - Topeak Morph - can't be beat.

si_c

Guru
OP
OP
U

united4ever

Über Member
That looks like a high-volume rather than high-pressure pump - the difference being the former is for large volume tyres such as those found on a mountain bike - for a hybrid or road bike you'll need a high pressure pump to get the tyres inflated to the correct pressure.

hmmm....I have size 32 marathon plus on a hybrid...

Top Bottom