Recommend me a small MTB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
My lad is looking decidedly silly on his Ridgeback MX24, which in fairness has lasted a good few years. So I'm on the hunt for a half decent next bike, max budget is about £400 - £500 as this will have to last him and his sister as she's grows up.
Any recommendations? I've been looking for 26" wheel stuff, but think I may have to go to 27.5" for variety..

Ta

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
IMG_0869.JPG
This one, there isn't a better specced MTB for £499. Only size 16" frame left.
http://www.startfitness.co.uk/sale/bikes-sale/forme-ripley-1-hardtail-mtb-blue-for93.html
How tall is your son?

Flyboy

Him and his sister , cor blimey .
At that price you can get real good second hand bikes , Scott scale 950 or the likes . But I am not sure if they are duel geometry .

My lad is looking decidedly silly on his Ridgeback MX24, which in fairness has lasted a good few years. So I'm on the hunt for a half decent next bike, max budget is about £400 - £500 as this will have to last him and his sister as she's grows up.
Any recommendations? I've been looking for 26" wheel stuff, but think I may have to go to 27.5" for variety..

Ta
One of the Scott Voltage hardtails, something like the YZ10. There's one in my garage which has been used for everything from mtn biking, scratting, jumping and touring.

ozboz

Guru
If he's not fussed about new, have a look around for a good 2nd hand Spec'd Rockhopper , I got one for a friend , really good bike , cost £100 two years ago , still going strong !!

U

User32269

We got our lad a B Twin Rockrider. Well under your budget and really solid decent bike. Worth a look on the Decathlon website.

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Moorhead across the Verenti Mesh on Wiggle site tonight. Looks ok, reasonable spec. Maybe worth a punt...

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Well, the Verenti Mesh arrived. Very nice it is too. Frame size 16" bought on the basis of Wiggles size guide putting my lads inside leg bang in the middle of the range quoted. Rather disappointed to find he can just about stand over it, nevermind getting anywhere near the saddle.
Ho hum, a quick online chat with Wiggle and it's been collected today, to be exchanged for a 14" frame...

Well, the Verenti Mesh arrived. Very nice it is too. Frame size 16" bought on the basis of Wiggles size guide putting my lads inside leg bang in the middle of the range quoted. Rather disappointed to find he can just about stand over it, nevermind getting anywhere near the saddle.
Ho hum, a quick online chat with Wiggle and it's been collected today, to be exchanged for a 14" frame...
The great thing about mtn bikes is you can add a longer seat post and still use the bike. 14" will last him far longer than you think.

Top Bottom