Recommend me a winter tyre for gisburn trail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chipmonster

Dear all

I need a tyre for the winter. I want a good tyre that can cope with limestone rocks, mud when it's wet and slippy.

I ride at gisburn Forrest every weekend. The tyres that came with my trek were a death trap, could not cope during the wet. Presently, I used the tyres that came with my claud butler Olympus and they r pretty good. However, they are worn now, therefore I would like a decent set.

Not bothered about how much it costs, I just want the best tyre out there, safety first!

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
Bontrager Mud X 2.0 work for me. Fast rolling on the flat and superb on the front for muddy single track. Soon to be putting another on the back end when the racing ralph starts losing traction in the ever deteriorating conditions up here in the frozen north. Can also be run tubeless if that is your bag.

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/bontrager-mud-xr-tubeless-ready-tyre-id66602.html

great value for money and seriously fast for a mud tyre

GilesM

Legendary Member
I like the Conti Mountain King, go fo the more expensive ones with Conti's "Black Chilli" compound good grip and surprisingly fast rolling, even the 2.4 inch, not the cheapest tyre, but I really like them.

Top Bottom