Recommend me an all in one printer please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I havehad a kodak esp c315 printer for just overa year and it is now broken, PC world aren't interested in repairing it and it seems it is a consumable.

So I'm looking for something to replace it

Wifi printer/scanner/copier budget around £100 ish

Any recommendations?

Printers are disposable these days., try the pcpro a listers the canon mg6250 for £99 or the hp photosmart 5510 for £50 if cheap is what you're after

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I think the most important thing is the usage, because of the price of replacement ink, especially if you print photos rather than just text documents. My parents seem to get through ink incredibly quickly on a HP Photosmart, printing off occasional photos. I was wondering if anyone knows if those photo printing machines in supermarkets or online printing etc are worth using instead of a home printer for photos?

The HP Photosmarts do seem nice aside from consumable costs and good for the scanner/copier side of things.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Got a HP photosmart 309g - been excellent, but use 'aftermarket' cartridges - £20 a set rather than £50. They now come properly 'chipped' though as you couldn't get non HP cartridges before, or were refilled 'expired' ones, so the ink levels always reported empty.

Photos are cheaper on the stuff in the supermarkets !

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If you don't need colour, you could do a lot worse than get a monochrome laser printer/scanner/copier like a
Samsung SCX-3405W. ( about £100 ). I bought one a couple of months ago having got fed up with my inkjet printer and I'm a complete convert now.

deanE

Printers are disposable these days., try the pcpro a listers the canon mg6250 for £99 or the hp photosmart 5510 for £50 if cheap is what you're after
I have a canon MP560 which is great but no longer made. Inks for some of the canon printers can be bought very cheaply from INKredible.co.uk, including inks for the MG6250. If my 560 packed up I think that is what I would go for, or a refurbished 560 off ebay, and use up the stack of ink I have in the cupboard. Inks not so good for quality photos but general colour work is perfectly acceptable.

I have the Canon MG6150 printer. 2nd hand. I get the inks off amazon market place (I prefer to stick with original rather than refills/compatibles) and a complete set of inks for it costs me around £45. I last put ink in the printer when I was given it back in July, it is now needing ink again http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/i-think-my-printer-is-trying-to-tell-me-something.119992/ (I don't have kids who print endlessly).
think carefully about what you need it for and how much you want to spend on inks in the long run, do you need colour etc. inks are cheaper if they are individual, rather than the 3 in 1 cartidge approach.
Try to avoid a printer that requires a separate ink for grey... that costs a lot, same with green, yellow & red (not magenta). If you can make sure you get a printer that has a seperate black for text - easy to tell if it takes 2 black cartirdges then you will be fine - the larger black will be for text, the smaller black (which is purer) is for picture/photo black.

Top Bottom