Recommend me an ISP please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Totally sick of poor speed and service from EE/Orange. I can change my phone line provider in the new year. I am happy to spend about £25 per month if I get good speed and service. Who's any good then? Can anyone recommend a less well known provider? I will not touch anything Sky.

Ta

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Virgin Media.
Excellent service, excellent speeds, good value for money.

Been using Zen for a good number of years now, they have their own equipment in the BT cabs, good customer service and reliable connection speeds. Not the cheapest but definitely one of the best.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm with BE atm and have been since they started. Fast service, unlimited downloads and reasonably priced.

Unfortunately they've recently been bought by Sky and therefore I'm shifting, but only when there's fibre optic locally which should be in the next 6 months.

That's one of the one's I have been looking at.
They have download limits, I think the 25 pound package is a 100GB a month, we exceed that so I'm on the next one up, you can buy 10Gb chunks if you run out but they don't throttle the connection and they don't ban or restrict any online games. That might not be important but it is to me, kids you see.

They have download limits, I think the 25 pound package is a 100GB a month, we exceed that so I'm on the next one up, you can buy 10Gb chunks if you run out but they don't throttle the connection and they don't ban or restrict any online games. That might not be important but it is to me, kids you see.

One of the reasons I am changing is that my kids are increasingly using internet for stuff like gaming, so that's useful to know. Does tha £25 package include line rental?

One of the reasons I am changing is that my kids are increasingly using internet for stuff like gaming, so that's useful to know. Does tha £25 package include line rental?
No, unfortunately not but they do line rental and call packages which are generally cheaper than BT. It used to be that it was a rolling contract, there's no minimum period, that might have changed but a lot of other providers will tie you in for x months.

^ As Doseone says, they too are all UK support.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Zen and PlusNet came out top in the most recent Which? survey. Utility Warehouse and Virgin were close on their heels.

TalkTalk is utter rubbish, BTW, but I want to keep my existing email address.

Last edited:
Top Bottom