Recommend me some brake pads?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Clarke pads are very good, but can tend to 'snatch' a bit when new.

I've used Clark's butnindidnt like them as much as you. Maybe you have better luck with them but I prefer shimano 105/ultegra pads. I've also used koolstop but still prefer the Shimano considering the price difference.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Thats what I was getting at earlier the OP won't get better than Swissstop but I replaced Tektro Calipers because they had too much flex :okay:

Yeah, there is something about the Tektronix that I didn't like. The 105 callipers on my current bike are much nicer but I couldn't put a finger on why. Maybe you got it on the head, the flex.

mustang1

Legendary Member
When setting brakes up, I use a pair of defunct credit/debit cards. Place one between the block and rim on each side; I don't go for 'toe in' alignment, close the brake arms up using a third hand, d.i.y clamp or whatever your device of choice is and then take up the slack in the cable as required. Slip out the cards and you'll have a little less than 1mm clearance twix't block & rim each side. Just the job - ! :thumbsup: Also a surefire way to find out if either rim is out of true - ! :rofl:
Out of all the years of setting up brake pads, that has got to be one of the best. I'll try it out next time. Thanks!

GlenBen

Über Member
I use koolstops when Im feeling posh. Clarks when Im not. The difference is noticeable, but not worth the cost imo.

Top Bottom