Recommend me some handlebar grips....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
no one wants a lolly....

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
What sort of mountain biking are we talking? Real full-on downhill on real full-on mountains, hour-upon-hour of XC riding, or a bit of UK off-road on a canal towpath or sustrans route...?

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Generally on road and cross country, nothing heavy but often in the saddle for 4-5 hours so long term comfort is a must. I have ergon GP1's on the hybrid and they are fantastically comfortable. Unfortunately they look awful on my mtb with the bar ends on.

Drago

Legendary Member
Aw strewth, depend on so many things, hand sizing, endurance, age, flexibility, and injuries etc. What works for an arthritic old duffer with large hands is unlikely to be suitable for a small handed, flexible young fellow.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Generally on road and cross country, nothing heavy but often in the saddle for 4-5 hours so long term comfort is a must. I have ergon GP1's on the hybrid and they are fantastically comfortable. Unfortunately they look awful on my mtb with the bar ends on.

Average size hands, pretty fit and fully flexible.....
Oh well. I won't suggest Ergon GP1 GP2, GP3 or GP5 then, which would be my preference for that sort of riding...:whistle:

Have you got riser bars or flats? Bar end with risers are a sartorial disaster and will get you stoned as a heretic. I quite like them though. And I like weird handlebars, like On-ones and Surly's. I don't give a fig what others think my bike looks like to others thobut; I'm not riding it for its looks (though I understand the argument that if the rider/owner thinks a bike ugly they will be less inclined to ride it)

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

These are the bars in question....
2016-01-22 20.17.16.jpg

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Ju
The Icon's are 145mm wide so plenty of space for your bar ends.
I like lemon lollies incidently :tongue:[/QUOTE

Are you sure they can be moved along the bars to allow for the bar ends, the only locking grips I've tried so far had a slight collar on the inside of the outer end meaning they could not move past the end of the bar, so no room for the bar ends....if you follow me....

Ah yeah,I follow you.
I was thinking more the width and comfort
An option would be to take the collar off,but you don't want to pay £18 only to start dismantling them.
I had a pair of Yeti slip ons a while ago,and they were a gel like grip.Really comfy too.
Sorry bud,all I have in the personal experiences of comfy grips I'm afraid :sad:

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Ah yeah,I follow you.
I was thinking more the width and comfort
An option would be to take the collar off,but you don't want to pay £18 only to start dismantling them.
I had a pair of Yeti slip ons a while ago,and they were a gel like grip.Really comfy too.
Sorry bud,all I have in the personal experiences of comfy grips I'm afraid :sad:

lolly.jpg
its all yours Oskar......enjoy

I see that OnZa has risen from the dead and are making the Ules grip again,

If they started doing Porcupine grips again I'd have a pair...

...mind you, I would then have to buy an MTB to fit them on:tongue:

Top Bottom