Recommend me some nice 28mm road bike tyres.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
without nearly as much penalty in rolling resistance as something like the marathon+
that is hardly a recommendation though.
I don't have a road bike any more, but my favourite road tyre was the Panaracer Pasela. Did thousands of miles on those on my old Galaxy. Very easy to live with.
I have those on a vintage tourer of mine, but the OP was asking for best summer road bike tyres.

I have those on a vintage tourer of mine, but the OP was asking for best summer road bike tyres.
What a weird response! I think the Pasela is a great tyre. If you're commuting on a road bike in summer, I'd say it's a great choice.

OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Thanks all, I'll get round to ordering something at the weekend and let you know.

Just to clarify (my original was obviously not at all clear) while I was commuting on this on Tuesday, it's not generally for commuting purposes, it's my nice summer bike. Only used for commuting in lovely weather and when I can arrange a day without acting to carry. So rarely!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Thanks all, I'll get round to ordering something at the weekend and let you know.

Just to clarify (my original was obviously not at all clear) while I was commuting on this on Tuesday, it's not generally for commuting purposes, it's my nice summer bike. Only used for commuting in lovely weather and when I can arrange a day without acting to carry. So rarely!

What bike is it….im a fan of the tanwall myself in 28/32s

T4tomo

Legendary Member
What a weird response! I think the Pasela is a great tyre. If you're commuting on a road bike in summer, I'd say it's a great choice.

My apologies for making a distinction between a (very good) lightly treaded touring tyre and a lighter faster slick pure road tyre like the GP5000. I am weird like that.^_^

OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
What bike is it…

20220710_155429.jpg

Here in its natural habitat :becool:

Top Bottom