Recommend Me Some Waterproof Overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I had a lovely ride out on Sunday, in the pouring rain. My winter boots (Shimano MW81's) are very good at keeping my feet warm, but judging by the amount of water I poured out of them at the end of the ride, they are not waterproof. My feet didn't get cold, so I'm not too bothered about that aspect, but th eboots have taken until today to dry out, a PITA when I want them for commuting duties.
Can anyone recommend a decent set of waterproof overshoes please? Need to work with MTB (SPD) cleats.
Ta.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Did you stuff the shoes with paper and change it when damp?

Overshoes can't be completely waterproof because of the holes needed for feet and cleats. If they were, water would enter at the ankle and eventually fill them anyway. They're much more use against wind and cold but you say you've no problems there.

Sealskinz and Shimano ones both seem pretty good to me.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Any recommendations for Waterproof road shoe overshoes as my GripGrab ones are toast.
Something that well keep the wet out for more than 30 seconds.

Cheers in advance

adscrim

Veteran
I took the plunge and invested in some winter boots (Specialized defroster) and won't be going back. Might be too warm for the summer months but a world apart from overshoes through the winter. I got mine for £100 so maybe three pairs of overshoes worth and as not worn all year, should last a good number of winters.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I took the plunge and invested in some winter boots (Specialized defroster) and won't be going back. Might be too warm for the summer months but a world apart from overshoes through the winter. I got mine for £100 so maybe three pairs of overshoes worth and as not worn all year, should last a good number of winters.

How are they for sizing?

I find all overshoes to be rubbish really.

IMG_3843.JPG

I have these for SPD-SL pedals.

IMG_3844.JPG

And these for SPD pedals.

https://www.evanscycles.com/specialized-defroster-road-boot-EV221221

And

https://www.evanscycles.com/specialized-defroster-trail-mtb-boot-EV285767

They are superb, and the wide toe box allows for thermal socks to be worn as well. They last very well too, I've had mine for a couple of years, and so far so good.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
One of the common complaints about overshoes is how to keep the water from running into the inside of the overshoe from your legs - with or without waterproof trousers. I saw these in Decathlon t'other day, which seemed quite a sensible solution ...

I don't have any particular need for them at the moment but might be worth a look. :okay:

One of the main problems is the ** things getting wrecked on the bottom by walking only minimal distances on them - you usually have to walk a little bit, if only to your front door, before being able to easily remove them.

I'd be interested in any that are good for this.

These days I tend to buy ones that at laest use a material on the bottom that can be repaired with Duct Tape - I have no pride - don't care if they look scrappy as long as they work - only worn in murky weather.

I bought some rather nice ones from Aldi recently (£7.50 reduced from £15) and very similar I think to others costing way over £20. They work well, warm, keep the water off, good fit and good quality zip, but the material they use on the bottom makes them impossible to repair. They "holed" within days.

One of the main problems is the ** things getting wrecked on the bottom by walking only minimal distances on them - you usually have to walk a little bit, if only to your front door, before being able to easily remove them.

I'd be interested in any that are good for this.

These days I tend to buy ones that at laest use a material on the bottom that can be repaired with Duct Tape - I have no pride - don't care if they look scrappy as long as they work - only worn in murky weather.

I bought some rather nice ones from Aldi recently (£7.50 reduced from £15) and very similar I think to others costing way over £20. They work well, warm, keep the water off, good fit and good quality zip, but the material they use on the bottom makes them impossible to repair. They "holed" within days.

IMG_2174.JPG

Job's a goodun.

Top Bottom