Recommend me somewhere to go camping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Renard

I am on holiday next week and fancy taking my tent somewhere. Normally I go somewhere quiet in Scotland that I can do a bit of cycling, mountainbiking or hillwalking. I am thinking that there are a lot of places in England or Wales I've never been to and reckon that there must be somewhere different that meets the bill. Any ideas?

rh100

Lake District? Can be a bit busy in summer, but is a nice place.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Small Batch in Little Stretton, Shropshire. Right at the foot of the Long Mynd, two great pubs in the village.
Lovely little site with a stream running through the back of it, only basic toilets and showers but if you like it simple it's a great place.

blog

Bath - http://www.newtonmillpark.co.uk/ I stayed there a couple of years ago. From there, you can go either down river to Bristol on the river Avon via the towpath, or Up river to Trowbridge and beyond via the Kennet and Avon canal. Bath in itself is a very nice place to visit so loads to do in that area.

jimheaney57

How about getting a ferry across to Northern Ireland? Plenty of good campsites and loads of great cycling possibilities. It's not as busy here as most places in England, Wales or Scotland either.

rh100

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
France

cavcannotclimb

If the weather is good there is nowhere better than mid Wales. Lots of lovely scenery, walks and cycling of course-try the Elan Valley Lakes or if you like something a little more adventurous there are plenty of MTB trails. www.clivepowell-mtb.co.uk

Top Bottom