Recommend me..........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
......... a Christmas present for an 8 year old niece. Cheapskate here, Max £20 :blush: Educational for preference but fun too of course.

I'm at a loss on this one. I've never been an 8 year old girl and Mrs 26 can't remember:ohmy:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Amazon gift voucher

classic33

Leg End Member
Anything that she's into at present, or are you able to add to something else she might be getting.

There's Lego, small "science kits"(bath bombs that sort of thing). Or there's "science kits" that might be usable as a school project.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member

Art supplies.

A box of really decent colour pencils e.g. Faber Castell. Their Albrecht Durer range of watercolour pencils are very nice. IIRC the box of 12 should be around the £20 mark, as I bought one for a friend's (slightly older) daughter a couple of years ago.

Or how about a travelling box of 12 Winsor & Newton student (Cotman) watercolour half pans plus a couple of nice brushes (ProArte Polar are good) and a small pad of "postcard" NOT paper?

For both pencils & paint, you can then buy individual replacements from any decent art supplier, either bricks & mortar or online. And you can add to the selection later etc.

gavgav

Guru
My 6 yr old niece loves anything to do with craft, where she can sit and make or draw/colour something. Far better for them than wall to wall tech

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Maybe difficult to find a second hand cage, but I remember my daughter being into hamsters, gerbils 🐹🐭 and other smaller furry critters when she was about 8. One charity shop near me always seems to have cages for a fiver. I don't know how much hamsters and gerbils are, but they won't be too much I'd say.🤔

Top Bottom