Recommend new tyres..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ruttager

Hello.. Was wondering if anybody can help..

currently using schwalbe marathon plus tyres which have been great but the track I'm now riding down has turned into a mud bath. Having problems with traction and would like some new 700 size tyres for winter commuting with grip and puncture free..

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

OK, puncture free tyres don't exist, but there are loads of puncture resistant ones on the market.

Probably better to include your current tyre size 700 x ? and also what bike you have so people can gauge the clearance you have before putting their ideas in the ring.

No point getting loads of recommendations if none of them will fit :wacko:

:welcome: to CC though :thumbsup:

Cyclist33

If you're not fussy about brand new but want a great set of tyres my schwalbe smart sams are 700 x 40mm and have done about 50 miles, not more than. They're not renowned as such for puncture proofing but shouldn't be a problem if you inflate them correctly. But they should be much better for grip if you're not on the roads.

They cost £20 each but you can have the pair for £20, only thing is I don't know where you are so are you nearby enough??

Stu

OP
OP
Ruttager

Ruttager

I'm riding specialized crosstrail originally came with 700x45 now using 700x38 marathon plus. Yes i know puncture free tyres dont exsist, but I want as pucture resistant as possible.. Never had one on my marathon plus tyres, yet had 9 in a three day spell on my original 700x45 tyres.

I've look at the smart Sams on amazon..
I'm in not so sunny Scarborough

Top Bottom