recommend presta valve road tube 80mm stem WITHOUT removable core

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
tried Vaseline. The Lezyne tube just won't let go of the Conti core.
I independently discovered this on the way home from work last week, and without any tool more effective than a pair of copper coins to tighten up the valve core after it came out. Lezyne pump, yes.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I independently discovered this on the way home from work last week, and without any tool more effective than a pair of copper coins to tighten up the valve core after it came out. Lezyne pump, yes.
My record is three goes at inflating a tyre at roadside, including tightening core with pliers only to have my CO2 nozzle or Lezyne pump tube unscrew it. out.

I have some conti long stem tubes that don't have removable cores but I can't find a current source for same.

I didn't know that when I gave it to you, I've not personally had the issue. Did you take it back?
Of course you didn't know. I only mentioned it because you were then when the stupid valve came out when I unscrewed the lezyne pump (and thanks for that too).

No, I didn't return it. Still on the wheel. I only mentioned it as I thought you had a faulty batch, but if it's the only one with a faulty tube, then I've just been unlucky.

Tim Hall

Um, except the one you kindly lent me on the Wandle Trail. Can't tighten it enough to get rid of slow leak.
I've had success with that kind of fault by removing the core, putting a turn or two of PTFE tape on it and replacing it.

vickster

Legendary Member
Of course you didn't know. I only mentioned it because you were then when the stupid valve came out when I unscrewed the lezyne pump (and thanks for that too).

No, I didn't return it. Still on the wheel. I only mentioned it as I thought you had a faulty batch, but if it's the only one with a faulty tube, then I've just been unlucky.
I have no idea when I got that tube or which others I brought it with. Probably several years ago

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
That picture seems to show they'd fit the bill. Will order a couple or three.
big_65978a67f25c4b1483d7ac607bcc6566.jpg

Top Bottom