Recommend to me a...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Greggs.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
We had one a couple of years ago, i have to admit I was not impressed with the bread that came out of it. the bread was more often than not hard almost to the point of stale, we had better results making bread by hand in the conventional way.
edit; i found the machine didn't prove the dough enough, making bread by hand you make the dough and then stretch and knead it, allow it to prove then knead some more before proving again then into the oven, the bread maiking machine does non of this so the dough is heavy and so is the finished product.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
We had a Panasonic. It was really good and used it until it broke. Now, whenever we get the urge for bread, I just make it from scratch. Pizzas are especially popular. The whole kneading thing is quite therapeutic.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
We had one a couple of years ago, i have to admit I was not impressed with the bread that came out of it. the bread was more often than not hard almost to the point of stale, we had better results making bread by hand in the conventional way.
edit; i found the machine didn't prove the dough enough, making bread by hand you make the dough and then stretch and knead it, allow it to prove then knead some more before proving again then into the oven, the bread maiking machine does non of this so the dough is heavy and so is the finished product.
I had one many years ago and the bread was really nice.
Whilst in Canada my uncle made some brown bread for me in his and it was fantastic!
Hence my thoughts about getting another now.

stephec

Legendary Member
I had a cheap Argos one, the results varied from cack to average.

Now I've got a Panasonic that's spot on every time, more expensive, but definately you get what you pay for.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I've got a Panasonic that works really well. Just made some wholemeal bread in it today in fact. Regular weekend visits from family just for warm, fresh bread.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Don't bother with a machine, make it yourself by hand the bread is much nicer and you don't have the expense of a machine that'll end up at the back of the cupboard eventually.
I may just give that a go.....I'll have to google it as I've never made bread before! Seriously, I'm 51 and have never made my own bread.
My life is not complete!

Top Bottom