Recommendations for comfy padded shorts

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Kizibu, 17 Jul 2012.

1. Kizibu

Kizibu Well-Known Member

Hi

Can anyone recommend some good padded shorts or advise on how best to go about buying some please? Or is it just trial and error?

Looking inside a few pairs, there seems to be a wide variety of padding materials. What should I be looking for in there please?

2. musa

musa Über Member

Wiggle's brand dhb I've found to be very good

3. MrJamie

MrJamie Oaf on a Bike

Another vote for dhbs, I use their padded undershorts under normal shorts/clothes on longer rides :smile:

4. rb58

rb58 Enigma

Shutt VR regular bibs have a great pad. I also find DHB really good too. But, it's a very personal thing.

5. martint235

martint235 Dog on a bike

I just seem to have got lucky. I like Nike but I can't seem to get the ones I really like which were quite thick almost wetsuit feeling material. I've also got Pearl Izumi, Briko and Altura. The pad on the Altura is a bit thick for long distance rides but is ok for commuting.

I'll have to give dhbs a try.

6. John_c

John_c Active Member

Another vote for Wiggles DHB bib shorts, very comfy, good price and a good fit.

7. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

Schutt VR are the most comfortable shorts I have ever owned. Closely followed by DHB.

8. Falwheeler

Falwheeler Well-Known Member

9. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

A lot of it is down to individual preference;

I like Pearl Izumi's Quest cycling shorts - they're the best I've had and are £35-ish.
    I've got some DHB & Shutt ones and they're OK.
    If you like a wide pad :eek: then Club Roost's are very good - and are just £20

10. zizou

zizou Veteran

If you can afford it then Assos Mille. Wish all my shorts were as comfy...however unfortunately i cant afford a whole cycling wardrobe of Assos bibs!

At the moment i think the best value are the ones that Zipvit Sport sell - i dont know who makes them but they are pretty cheap and good quality too, i got them with a discount code for about £25 (normal price of £35) and IMO they are comparable quality with shorts costing twice that. The downside is you end up looking like a billboard for Zipvit!

11. johnr

johnr Über Member

Thanks for that. I bought some on your recommendation and also find them great.

12. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

dhb here. Excellent value.

13. l4dva

l4dva Über Member

dhb again! they are a lot more comfortable than my Endura ones...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice