Recommendations for comfy padded shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kizibu

Hi

Can anyone recommend some good padded shorts or advise on how best to go about buying some please? Or is it just trial and error?

Looking inside a few pairs, there seems to be a wide variety of padding materials. What should I be looking for in there please?

musa

Über Member
Wiggle's brand dhb I've found to be very good

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Another vote for dhbs, I use their padded undershorts under normal shorts/clothes on longer rides :smile:

martint235

Dog on a bike
I just seem to have got lucky. I like Nike but I can't seem to get the ones I really like which were quite thick almost wetsuit feeling material. I've also got Pearl Izumi, Briko and Altura. The pad on the Altura is a bit thick for long distance rides but is ok for commuting.

I'll have to give dhbs a try.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A lot of it is down to individual preference;

I like Pearl Izumi's Quest cycling shorts - they're the best I've had and are £35-ish.
I've got some DHB & Shutt ones and they're OK.
If you like a wide pad :eek: then Club Roost's are very good - and are just £20

zizou

Veteran
If you can afford it then Assos Mille. Wish all my shorts were as comfy...however unfortunately i cant afford a whole cycling wardrobe of Assos bibs!

At the moment i think the best value are the ones that Zipvit Sport sell - i dont know who makes them but they are pretty cheap and good quality too, i got them with a discount code for about £25 (normal price of £35) and IMO they are comparable quality with shorts costing twice that. The downside is you end up looking like a billboard for Zipvit!

If you can afford it then Assos Mille. Wish all my shorts were as comfy...however unfortunately i cant afford a whole cycling wardrobe of Assos bibs!

At the moment i think the best value are the ones that Zipvit Sport sell - i dont know who makes them but they are pretty cheap and good quality too, i got them with a discount code for about £25 (normal price of £35) and IMO they are comparable quality with shorts costing twice that. The downside is you end up looking like a billboard for Zipvit!
Thanks for that. I bought some on your recommendation and also find them great.

Top Bottom