Recommendations for GPS Bike Computer primarily for navigation...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello everyone,

Need a little help.

Starting a business which requires biking around London regularly everyday. I am a complete begginer at riding, so need help in choosing a DURABLE and RELIABLE device. The lower the price the better too. (note: I cant use my smartphone because it is faulty).

Some i've found already:
GARMIN EDGE 820
GARMIN EDGE EXPLORE
GARMIN EDGE EXPLORER 1000
MIOCYCLE 505
LEZYNE MACRO GPS

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

:smile::wacko:

13 rider

Guru
Wahoo but you need a smartphone to set it up

Soltydog

Legendary Member
The lower the price the better too. (note: I cant use my smartphone because it is faulty).

Some i've found already:

LEZYNE MACRO GPS

Think you need to use your smartphone when using navigation on the Lezyne devices :okay: I have a Super GPS, never used for navigation & it was great until I did a long ride in heavy rain :sad: Must have had some water get in. It seems fine now, I've used it a couple of times since & it's ok, but I've purchased a Wahoo Elemnt & that is great. I also have an old Garmin 705 edge, which was ok for navigation, but in the end I had a few issues with it recording rides. Especially longer rides whilst using navigation. Think they can be had at a very reasonable price nowadays, but they will be old units & may have reliability issues :blush:

Denis99

Über Member
Garmin Edge 20 on Amazon , £84.

Basic gps, but very good at what it does

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Garmin Etrex 20 with open source maps.

If it's primarily for navigation, this is what I would get. I still think my Edge 510 is great, but I wouldn't recommend it if navigation is your main requirement.

Mind you, @topshopper19, if your reason for needing a GPS is to get to multiple destinations in London every day, maybe you would be better off with a car-type satnav after all.

note: I cant use my smartphone because it is faulty
I think you should use the money you were planning to spend on a GPS to get a functional phone. I can't imagine what sort of business would have you on the move but not need reliable communication.

And if you are new to cycling, there are enough hazards on London roads without having to look away to check the satnav for your next turn. There are many free options that give spoken turn-by-turn directions on a phone.

Top Bottom