Recommendations for lights

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by NDFR, 14 Jun 2019.

1. NDFR

NDFR New Member

I'm just getting into cycling and am looking for suggestions for lights. I'll mostly be on cycle paths with not much riding on busy roads.

I do want rechargeable lights but other than that I'm open to suggestions, budget is £60 ish

Can you suggest anything?

thanks in advance.

2. wisdom

wisdom Veteran

I personally like the cateye volt range.
    But I think the front alone is nearing your budget.
    They are brilliant lights with good run time.

NDFR likes this.
  3. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Look at Moon

NorthernDave, Heltor Chasca and NDFR like this.
  4. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Extra solar

5. SkipdiverJohn

SkipdiverJohn Über Member

Look out for the cycling offers at Lidl & Aldi. I've got two sets of "Crivit" branded USB rechargeable lights from Lidl that cost £12.99 a set. The front one is plenty bright enough to use on it's lowest of three settings and I've had over 10 hours lit time out of them between recharges.
    I supplement the rear one with a cheapo Chinese AAA-powered LED flasher that came attached to a scrap bike I bought for parts, but they can be bought online for a couple of quid.

lazybloke and NDFR like this.
  6. Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca Out-Riding the Black Dog

Another for Moon.

NDFR and NorthernDave like this.
  7. CXRAndy

CXRAndy Guru

8. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

Another vote for Moon - I've got their Meteor X Pro and it's plenty bright enough with good run times. RRP is £33, but often available for less.

I've got an Aldi rechargeable light on the back, under £15 and runs for ages on a charge. Back up rear light is a Poundland LED one, that use 2xAAs and is almost as bright as the sun.

NDFR and Heltor Chasca like this.
  9. Mrs M

Mrs M Veteran

Moon :okay:
    Reasonable priced, rechargeable and bright.

NDFR, NorthernDave and Heltor Chasca like this.
  10. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Any German StVZO compliant light will knock equivalent priced British- market lights out of sight. I've the cheap Crivits mentioned, but also a Dansi Melbourne, and a slightly more expensive Axa set. B+M mentioned above have a good reputation.

NDFR likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    NDFR

NDFR New Member

Thanks for your suggestions, food for thought and a couple there I'm interested in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice