Recommendations for lights

NDFR

I'm just getting into cycling and am looking for suggestions for lights. I'll mostly be on cycle paths with not much riding on busy roads.

I do want rechargeable lights but other than that I'm open to suggestions, budget is £60 ish

Can you suggest anything?

thanks in advance.

wisdom

Veteran
I personally like the cateye volt range.
But I think the front alone is nearing your budget.
They are brilliant lights with good run time.

SkipdiverJohn

Über Member
Look out for the cycling offers at Lidl & Aldi. I've got two sets of "Crivit" branded USB rechargeable lights from Lidl that cost £12.99 a set. The front one is plenty bright enough to use on it's lowest of three settings and I've had over 10 hours lit time out of them between recharges.
I supplement the rear one with a cheapo Chinese AAA-powered LED flasher that came attached to a scrap bike I bought for parts, but they can be bought online for a couple of quid.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Another vote for Moon - I've got their Meteor X Pro and it's plenty bright enough with good run times. RRP is £33, but often available for less.

I've got an Aldi rechargeable light on the back, under £15 and runs for ages on a charge. Back up rear light is a Poundland LED one, that use 2xAAs and is almost as bright as the sun.

Mrs M

Guru
Moon :okay:
Reasonable priced, rechargeable and bright.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Any German StVZO compliant light will knock equivalent priced British- market lights out of sight. I've the cheap Crivits mentioned, but also a Dansi Melbourne, and a slightly more expensive Axa set. B+M mentioned above have a good reputation.

OP
NDFR

NDFR

Thanks for your suggestions, food for thought and a couple there I'm interested in.

Top Bottom