Recommendations for lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NDFR

I'm just getting into cycling and am looking for suggestions for lights. I'll mostly be on cycle paths with not much riding on busy roads.

I do want rechargeable lights but other than that I'm open to suggestions, budget is £60 ish

Can you suggest anything?

thanks in advance.

wisdom

Guru
I personally like the cateye volt range.
But I think the front alone is nearing your budget.
They are brilliant lights with good run time.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Look out for the cycling offers at Lidl & Aldi. I've got two sets of "Crivit" branded USB rechargeable lights from Lidl that cost £12.99 a set. The front one is plenty bright enough to use on it's lowest of three settings and I've had over 10 hours lit time out of them between recharges.
I supplement the rear one with a cheapo Chinese AAA-powered LED flasher that came attached to a scrap bike I bought for parts, but they can be bought online for a couple of quid.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Another vote for Moon - I've got their Meteor X Pro and it's plenty bright enough with good run times. RRP is £33, but often available for less.

I've got an Aldi rechargeable light on the back, under £15 and runs for ages on a charge. Back up rear light is a Poundland LED one, that use 2xAAs and is almost as bright as the sun.

Mrs M

Guru
Moon :okay:
Reasonable priced, rechargeable and bright.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Any German StVZO compliant light will knock equivalent priced British- market lights out of sight. I've the cheap Crivits mentioned, but also a Dansi Melbourne, and a slightly more expensive Axa set. B+M mentioned above have a good reputation.

OP
OP
NDFR

NDFR

Thanks for your suggestions, food for thought and a couple there I'm interested in.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
I mostly cycle on paths and limited roads.
Cat eye volt 400 serves me well, and a cat eye rear light as well.

Drago

Legendary Member
Cheap old 2000 lumen Chinese Cree front with a Fresnel lens.

Smart half watt and 2 x rechargeable AAAs rear.

And a few beers on the change.

Top Bottom