Recommended weekly exercise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heigue'r

Veteran
900 mins commuting
120-240 mins leisure riding
Physical job 8-5 mon to fri

bluenotebob

Veteran
Just over 40 hours on the bike since the start of the year (all leisure cycling - not commuting) .. so roughly 8 hours (480 minutes) a week. I expect that to increase quite sharply once we get some decent weather.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
My spreadsheet shows I am averaging 45 miles per week cycling this year so at 14mph that's 3.2h or 193 minutes from commuting and utility rides alone. Add on walks, spin classes and gym and it's probably double.

Flakey

According to Garmin connect I've done 1278 min in the last 7 days. Mixture of commute, leisure cycling and running. Could explain why I'm knackered most of the time 😂

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I’ve averaged about 9.5 hours of cycling a week this month. Probably another 5 hours of walking a week but I don’t count that in my exercise totals as the intensity is pretty low.

vickster

Legendary Member
According to the Apple Watch, over the last 90 days I’ve done an average of 72 mins of activity daily. Includes cycling, brisk walking, cardio in gym

D

Deleted member 1258

! or 2 rides a week, 50-60 miles a ride, between 4 and 8 hours a week, so between 240 and 480 minutes a week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Gates

Two lots of Tabata training - 8 x 20 second sprints with 10 second intervals, two lots of work outs, one pure weight lifting and the other mainly using the body as resistance. Walking the dogs a brisk 30 minutes every morning. When it gets warmer 2 x 30 minutes a day.

Time workouts including warm up and warm down 1.5 hours a week. In terms of time not a lot in terms of quality a great deal.

SLOW STEVE

I'm finding 30 minutes general fitness work every morning is helping a lot. Only riding about once per week due to the weather.

Top Bottom