Recommended weekly exercise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Usually
1 hour 10 mins cycling a day commuting
3 and a half hours on a sunday
1 hour weight// stretching a week over 2 sessions
full time manual job

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
For someone who started their journey at 27 stone. Most of the NHS advice is unfeasible. I knew i wanted to ride, i came here to Cycle chat before starting and first and foremost, even if your of reasonable BMI is to look at your food intake and nutrition. If you're large i walked up and down stairs, boring but no less than treadmills or other stationary fitness machines and obviously walk. The strength improvement along with my fitness allowed me to get on a second hand fat bike with a steel frame (heavy) for going on the canals and to the post office, i do go on the roads to the canal but it isn't that far. That's where i am currently. I still aim to get a tricycle because i want to replace my car. But the trike is out of stock until May and with Coronavirus who knows how much longer if they become affected... I look to the future however with excitement as i do more. I hope if there are any other fellow lurkers on here who are big and are afraid or don't know where to start please drop me a PM or start a forum thread. You'll get nothing but support.:notworthy:

Last edited:

lane

Veteran
currently 3 to 4 hours ride a week plus 1 to 2 hours a week either indoor cycling or swimming so 240 mins to 360 mins week. Once the clocks change 360 mins would be the the minimum with anything up to 600 mins a week or more occasionally.

EDIT There have been a couple of lower weeks so far this year weather related but I make sure it's at least the recommended 150 mins as a minimum

Last edited:

pawl

Legendary Member
I'm finding 30 minutes general fitness work every morning is helping a lot. Only riding about once per week due to the weather.

I’m in the same position.30 mins stretching .Use a physio stretch band.Plus body weight exercises.Withthe rain and the wind didn’t manage even one ride last week.

Top Bottom