Reconditioned Dawes Discovery 501 or Neuzer courier?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

becs123

Hi

I want to buy my boyfriend a bike for his birthday. He has always said he would never spend much on a bike as we live in London and so more likely to be stolen.

He will use it to cycle to work sometimes and also cycling at weekends mainly on roads or in parks. A cycle shop near us has a reconditioned Dawes Discovery 501 for £200 or a new Neuzer courier for £200 also (this is a Hungarian make I think)

Has anyone got any views on reconditioned bikes or the Neuzer courier?

Thanks

GrahamG

Guru
The second-hand bike from a reputable manufacturer (Dawes Discovery series are all very good) with generally always be better than a simlarly priced bike new - usual caveats here about condition/wear & tear but if it has been 'reconditioned' by the shop then it should be fine. Go for the Dawes, it'll take full mudguards and a rack, handle parks/towpaths etc. with ease and is probably not going to be too 'desirable' to thieves.

If its a present he doesnt know about, i would explain this to the lbs owner and ask if yuo could return it if its the wrong size...
definitely the dawes, Ive just got a 601 and am very happy..

-just in case you were interested, you can get last years discovery 501 delivered for 310 pounds if you didnt want secondhand and could stretch to it- look at www.ashcycles.com - thats where i got mine...

Top Bottom