Record ride home.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well pleased with my commute home today. Home in record time 22 mins 29 secs over 5.44 miles, nice average of 15mph.
I know averages don't really matter but getting stronger!!!!
 

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Location
Rides Ti2
also had a very speedy ride home tonight. But I put it down to the lack of headwind for a change.
 
Well pleased with my commute home today. Home in record time 22 mins 29 secs over 5.44 miles, nice average of 15mph.
I know averages don't really matter but getting stronger!!!!

IMO average does matter if you're doing the same route/distance, so you can compare the time. Now try to improve that average, your time will drop.
 

Keith Oates

Janner
Location
Penarth, Wales
It's always good to set a new time over your normal commute route but Lights and traffic have such a big affect on the time that it's not a true measure of your overall performance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Been brillant this week, the winter had really slowed me down and I was getting concerned, this week nearly every run has been around 55-57 minutes which is getting closer to my summer times, riding my CX and not my carbon. Cannot wait for spring/summer so I can start to aim for some of the PB set last summer.

Still a bit off my one off record of 49.50 but that had as much to do with a flukey run of the junctions/lights
 

Jezston

Legendary Member
Location
London
It's always good to set a new time over your normal commute route but Lights and traffic have such a big affect on the time that it's not a true measure of your overall performance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aye, I stopped measuring my commute time as the biggest effects were completely out of my control. Unless I started jumping lights and cutting the wrong way down one way or pedestrian streets there's no way I could speed it up.
 
Top Bottom