Record your milage Bikejournal.com

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
4F

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Your'e not wrong. Some of those guys from the acf do some serious mileages. :wacko:

frog

It would be so depressing to find out that Simon is 14 and only records the miles he does on his paper round :wacko:

dudi

I'm on there, only just started using it. i think it's great...

Especially as I am using my cycle training to get into better shape, can use the calorie calculator to estimate the colries used in a ride.

Very handy website. made me extend my commute as I want to increase my position in the table! I'm not competitive...

dudi

FFFF, just looked a your Journal.

which route do you take from claydon to stowmarket? my regular weekend run is from Ipswich to stowmarket and back through coddenham, barham and cladon.

I have also just extended my commute (as i mentioned) to go from ipswich to great blakenham then back through claydon... nice roads out there.

OP
OP
4F

4F

dudi said:
FFFF, just looked a your Journal.

which route do you take from claydon to stowmarket? my regular weekend run is from Ipswich to stowmarket and back through coddenham, barham and cladon.

I have also just extended my commute (as i mentioned) to go from ipswich to great blakenham then back through claydon... nice roads out there.

Hi dudi, welcome aboard. From Claydon I take the old main road which leads to the A140 / A14 junction, head towards Needham and then 1/2 way down that road take the right hand turn signposted "Alder Carr farm" and Creeting. Stay on this road all the way to Stow. It's a great country road, nice and deserted but on high ground (well it is for Suffolk) and very open and boy do you notice it when it blows. I often return on the same road rather than return via Needham as the road is so much quieter and pleasant.

I have found that I have been upping my mileages since using the site and found some really nice roads north of Barham which I have never been on or discovered before. I had originally set my goal of 5000 miles this year, which I have never achieved before, but I have already upped that now to 6000 which I think will be very achievable at my current rate.

Where do you commute to / from ??

dudi

I live in Pinewood, and commute to the town centre... it's about 3 miles as the crow flies... but i never could read maps and find myself leaving an hour early for work every day and taking a ride out into the countryside...

Next time I go out at the weekend, I'll take that route, I know the one you mean... you can also take the road out towards coddenham and ride through the lanes out there... it's a nice quiet lane all the way to woodbridge as far as I remember...

My aim is to hit 6000 miles this year too, reckon I should hit it... just about.

OP
OP
4F

4F

Nice one. Another one to get competative with on bike journal then !! :laugh:

I am off this week and on one of the days will head up the coast as I am trying to get the miles in prior to the Dunwich Dynamo in July and I am not really sure where I will end up yet, will just follow my nose which is often the best way. The most I have done on a single ride is 30 miles but hoping to at least double that but much will depend on the weather. :biggrin:

OP
OP
4F

4F

Horrah, doubled my previous best with a 60 miler this afternoon and and my legs still felt like they had a few hours left in them. :laugh::biggrin:

I am so glad I changed my saddle from a brooks b17N to a specialized toupe gel as it is sooooo much more comfortable ;)

frog

Just added this weeks miles. The total is rising very nicely ;)

Regrettably, I'm off the bike until Tuesday so I won't be doing all that many next week :thumbsup:

OP
OP
4F

4F

Nice one Mikey, club name set up cunningly called "Cycle chat"

Top Bottom