Recording Listen Again radio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Anyone able to help? I was on Radio York this morning, talking about my Helmetcam. You can apparently Listen Again here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northyorkshire/local_radio/

There's a Listen Again Button, and I was on Reynolds and Co, Breakfast Show. At about 8.10 - 8.20am I think...

I can't even hear it on the Uni computers here, let alone record it - I'm sure you can record radio, it's been discussed before. Anyone got the wherewithall to do it, and maybe make me a copy?

Renard

Arch said:
Anyone able to help? I was on Radio York this morning, talking about my Helmetcam. You can apparently Listen Again here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northyorkshire/local_radio/

There's a Listen Again Button, and I was on Reynolds and Co, Breakfast Show. At about 8.10 - 8.20am I think...

I can't even hear it on the Uni computers here, let alone record it - I'm sure you can record radio, it's been discussed before. Anyone got the wherewithall to do it, and maybe make me a copy?

Are you Miss England?

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
BJB said:
Are you Miss England?

No. I think I have a voice and figure well suited for Radio....

I've got a friend listening to it, and he mentioned something I'm not sure was on today, so it may be that the listen again feature is a day behind or something..?

derall

Guru
When you open the clip in the Listen Again pop-up you should get an option to 'Listen in Stand Alone RealPlayer' (assuming you have it installed).

In RealPlayer you can go to the file menu, choose 'record | record this clip'

Danny

Legendary Member
You can get software that will record on-line radio shows. I use a product called Replay AV. It works pretty well though you require a bit of phaffing about to record some programs.

I can probably record the show you were on, and mail you the file.

Renard

Well done Arch, just listened to your interview. You came accross very well.

What I did think funny (and you sort of said as much in the interview) was how the same old arguments are trotted out again and again about rlj cyclists, not sitting tests, etc. as if most cyclists live in a bubble and have never driven or ridden a motorbike.

BTW I had sort of assumed that you would have had a Norn Irn accent.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Dannyg said:
You can get software that will record on-line radio shows. I use a product called Replay AV. It works pretty well though you require a bit of phaffing about to record some programs.

I can probably record the show you were on, and mail you the file.

That would be fantastic, thank you. It's the only way my Mum will get to hear it!

It's BBC Radio York, the Breakfast show, for today, 3rd March.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Arch, I'm doing this now, oddly enough, for a small snippet of Radio Stoke's breakfast show that my daughter participated in.

I'm using a download manager called "Orbit" and the Firefox internet browser.

Just had a listen in. Well done Arch! You certainly do have a good voice for radio! To me you came across as a normal person riding a bike which is exactly what we want. You didn't sound like you had any lycra on at all! ;)

You answered his points very well and it was good that you highlighted the educational aspects as well which is well worth highlighting.

So that was a nice warm up for the TV appearance! Good luck. Remember us, when a few years from now and you are winning your first BAFTA......:blush:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
magnatom said:
Just had a listen in. Well done Arch! You certainly do have a good voice for radio! To me you came across as a normal person riding a bike which is exactly what we want. You didn't sound like you had any lycra on at all! :tongue:

You answered his points very well and it was good that you highlighted the educational aspects as well which is well worth highlighting.

So that was a nice warm up for the TV appearance! Good luck. Remember us, when a few years from now and you are winning your first BAFTA......:biggrin:

No, no lycra at all. Well, there might be a little bit in my pants. Which I discovered at lunchtime I have on inside out. But maybe that's TMI.

Thanks to all who had recording tips and esp to Jaded for sending me the file, and Prettyboytim for recording it for me as well.

Well, We'll see how the TV went. I was filming for 2 hours, and it was great fun - the cameraman had some fun ideas, so I'll look forward to seeing how it turns out:biggrin:. Might be on tomorrow, for those living in the right area (Look North for Yorkshire) and she said she'll make me a DVD of it. I must have ridden miles, back and forth, getting all the shots.

Nearly killed me though, when she said "can you follow the car and we'll film through the back window" and then set off at 25mph...

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Arch said:
Nearly killed me though, when she said "can you follow the car and we'll film through the back window" and then set off at 25mph...

Ideal drafting opportunity...:biggrin:

Top Bottom