Recovery rides: Ignorance is not necessarily bliss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
I think I may have done my first, proper recovery ride, today. I had some vague notion about what it was all about, and why I should have been doing it, but I'd never fully taken on-board the information provided by you good people here on how to go about it ... until a few days ago.
So, instead of my normal, daily, quite-fast thrash I do on weekdays, I left the lycra on the coat hook, got out #3 (Hybrid runabout), stuck it in a low gear and slowly made my way to Felixstowe for a spot of lunch and coffee by the sea (A round trip of about 24 miles or so).
I now feel brilliant! ^_^

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I think I may have done my first, proper recovery ride, today. I had some vague notion about what it was all about, and why I should have been doing it, but I'd never fully taken on-board the information provided by you good people here on how to go about it ... until a few days ago.
So, instead of my normal, daily, quite-fast thrash I do on weekdays, I left the lycra on the coat hook, got out #3 (Hybrid runabout), stuck it in a low gear and slowly made my way to Felixstowe for a spot of lunch and coffee by the sea (A round trip of about 24 miles or so).
I now feel brilliant! ^_^
I keep promising myself I am going to do rides like that more often as well. I know I always enjoy them when I do. Should probably not even attach the Garmin so I don't even know what speed or distance I have done.

Top Bottom