Recovery what do you take if any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 4739228, member: 9609"]this helps
View attachment 344449 [/QUOTE]

Now, question is...is that how much is left or you just about to start?

prawny

Coffee, sometimes some food when I get in to work, dinner shortly after I get home.

Can't afford to buy specific recovery stuff, I'd be better off getting the train.

dhd.evans

Veteran
I'd be genuinely interested in some tips too; currently doing 14mi/5 days a week and my quads feel like someone has taken a rake down down them by the weekend.

S-Express

I'd be genuinely interested in some tips too; currently doing 14mi/5 days a week and my quads feel like someone has taken a rake down down them by the weekend.

How long have you been doing that distance for? It could just be a case of getting used to it, or it could be a case of moderating your effort if your tendency is to push hard all the time. For a fit rider, 14 miles per day should not be in any way problematic

dhd.evans

Veteran
How long have you been doing that distance for? It could just be a case of getting used to it, or it could be a case of moderating your effort if your tendency is to push hard all the time. For a fit rider, 14 miles per day should not be in any way problematic

It's the latter i think - i push hard all the time. Strava is king and all that.

I used to do 20mi 3-4 days a week for about 5 years, this is reduction in distance but still the same aches and pains. I actually said to my other half i was going to take at least one day a week to rest because it was getting to the point where Friday legs were just too painful to ride on.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
[Delete] Turn off Strava and you'll be a lot happier. If you want to compete then race. What you are actually doing is commuting on roads filled with doing the same. Act accordingly

edited due to comment below being correct

Last edited:

S-Express

Delete Strava and you'll be a lot happier. If you want to compete then race. What you are actually doing is commuting on roads filled with doing the same. Act accordingly

Kind of agree with this. Although I wouldn't necessarily say 'delete' Strava - just put it into perspective.

dhd.evans

Veteran
[Delete] Turn off Strava and you'll be a lot happier. If you want to compete then race. What you are actually doing is commuting on roads filled with doing the same. Act accordingly

edited due to comment below being correct

I like to push myself and it's only ever against myself (unless someone decides to partake in a bit of SCR); being able to see the speed i'm doing etc. is really useful.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I like to push myself and it's only ever against myself (unless someone decides to partake in a bit of SCR); being able to see the speed i'm doing etc. is really useful.
Why is it useful to be able to see your speed? Just look at your watch sometimes and estimate whether you're going to get to work on time. Other than that, seeing a speed often seems to encourage bad riding, chasing numbers on a dial/screen instead of doing a comfortable/safe speed for the conditions.

screenman

Legendary Member
A bit dry, but I guess with a glass of milk should be palatable.

But seriously, I have Hurricane XS on arrival at work and just dinner and rest on my return home. Seems to work for me.
11 miles each way and I tend to go as fast as I can, which isn't very.

Can I ask why, I do a lot of exercise but have never used a recovery drink or meal. So what would I expect to get from using them.

Top Bottom