Recumbent clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3tyretrackterry

i have the karrimor top in yellow from sports direct and i thought id got the wrong size due to arm length. the top is very good at the price though as dataretriever pointed out the arms could be longer

byegad

Legendary Member
For 'get me home if it starts raining' I use a Montane Featherlite top, I have a smock wih a short zip and a jacket with full zip. They are shower proof and breathe well but if you use a wash in proofer, designed for Gortex or similar, they are dry for a long time before they let water in.

For really wet rides I have an excellent Goretex Cycling jacket with pit zips and a full length zip with a zip guard. It cost me £100 and was the end of a line RRP was £180ish.

I use Rainlegs to keep my lap and thighs dry and a Streamer Fairing keeps the rest of me dry. For riding without a Fairing I have some walker's Gortex over trousers bought from TOG24 and some over shoe protectors. Too hot for anything but winter they see little use as I tend to use the Streamer all of the time.

dataretriever

Has anyone tried a Buffalo special 6 shirt? I've got one but haven't tried it whilst triking yet. They are super warm and waterproof, have a large chest pocket and tunnel handwarmer pocket, full zip side vents, neck zip and high collar. It is Pertex 6 outer and fibre pile inner or the widshirt version is just the outer layer.

I wear one for work all the time through the winter and recommend it anyways. It would prob be too warm for me so I might have to get the unlined version, but from the various desires and descriptions of other people's gear it sounds like the perfect solution.

squeaker

Über Member
Parrot Pertex lightweight smock for showers (only!) + Altura jacket for wet riding. Rainlegs seem to work reasonably well, but the knees do tend to get blown back/up in windy weather (suspect would be better with a fairing).
HTH

byegad

Legendary Member
squeaker said:
Parrot Pertex lightweight smock for showers (only!) + Altura jacket for wet riding. Rainlegs seem to work reasonably well, but the knees do tend to get blown back/up in windy weather (suspect would be better with a fairing).
HTH

A lot better! I use over trousers or get wet if I'm riding without the fairing.

Top Bottom