Recumbent trike giant shoe / UK Kinetic Sculpture Race !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ukrobotman

Hi folks, my 1st post on this forum.
I'm building a recumbent trike into a giant 8' long fibreglass shoe!
image.jpg

I'm an artistic engineer and I build anything but work a lot in fibreglass. I built several of these shoes for London fashion week a few years ago. People seem to love a giant pink shoe!

Two years ago we went to California to see the the Kinetic Sculpture Race (http://kineticgrandchampionship.com)
I was inspired to build a bicycle based vehicle.
I want to set up a Uk version of the Kinetic Sculpture Race. A two or three day event for people who build wacky pedal based vehicles

I'm looking for like minded people to join in ........

Regards Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice , would love to see a race over here good luck with your project.

OP
OP
ukrobotman

ukrobotman

Thanks guys, who else has got anything "different" or "wacky" penny farthings, double height bikes, you know, something that is different to a " normal " bike.
That's what I'm hoping to attract to this event
image.jpg

image.jpg

I've got a whole bunch of unusual pedally things at work. See my sig.

I saw a kinetic sculpture race at the Ihpva world's in vancouver 1986. It was brilliant. I know a few nutters who might be persuaded to make a contraption...

OP
OP
ukrobotman

ukrobotman

Great Mickle, let's start finding some people and start building
Location for the event.......
I live in a beutiful part of the country, near Welshpool in mid Wales. Very close to a wacky place called Bishops Castle.
There are hills and loads of campsites and b&b's nearby. This will be the location for the UK Kinetic Sculpture Race 2015!
Steve

I live in a beutiful part of the country, near Welshpool in mid Wales. Very close to a wacky place called Bishops Castle.
There are hills and loads of campsites and b&b's nearby. This will be the location for the UK Kinetic Sculpture Race 2015!
Steve

I know Welshpool, I used to go to school near Earlsfield.

OP
OP
ukrobotman

ukrobotman

I've just spent the weekend at " Busfest " gathering of the VW s from all over Europe at Malvern. There were some excellent wacky bikes there as well

Jane Carroll

Steve
Steve, I am a trustee of Bishop's Castle Town Hall Trust, which now runs the Visitor Information Centre, and we are keen to know as much as possible about the possibility of running a Kinetic Sculpture Race.here - lots of keen cyclists would love the event!

Jane

Top Bottom