Recumbents and Hills

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
a.twiddler

a.twiddler

Veteran
I have been a bit remiss in not updating this thread. Things remain pretty much as before, that is, I am still getting up anything locally, as easily (and as slowly) as I was before lowering the gearing. What I haven't done is have a rematch with That Hill to see if there is any difference in getting up it.

Overall, having had it over a year now, I am quite pleased with the Linear. It's not particularly speedy but then neither are any of my other bikes with me on them. It's a lot more comfortable over a longer distance than any of them, though the folder is more er, foldable, and the tourer can get through spaces where the Linear can't go. Also both of them will go on a train whereas the Linear, even when folded, won't kid anyone that it's luggage and you would be at the mercy of the guard on the day whether you could complete a journey or not.

I have been quite surprised where the Linear can take me and even though it's not an off roader it copes well with most of the rail trails, unsurfaced roads and bridleways that the tourer would manage.

It has led me to buy a Dawes Low Rider to see how I would manage a SWB recumbent. It is turning into a bit of an unexpected project however so it might take a while before I have something to report on that.

Top Bottom