Recycle whilst we ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Every-single-feckin-bastid-day when walking the dogs I collect some selfish twunts litter. Drives me mad it does.

So your in then ?

I feel the same , and can't understand why people don't pick up there own rubbish

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
So your in then ?

I feel the same , and can't understand why people don't pick up there own rubbish

In the village rec, there are moveable goals, we get young blokes from outside the village using them for footie, they leave their crap, cans, pizza boxes, leftover food, and in the summer a feckin disposable BBQ, feckin twats. I told them about it , not us guv.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
In the village rec, there are moveable goals, we get young blokes from outside the village using them for footie, they leave their crap, cans, pizza boxes, leftover food, and in the summer a feckin disposable BBQ, feckin twats. I told them about it , not us guv.

We had a similar thing in Bournemouth a few years ago when a group of early teenage boys left all there rubbish and when i asked them to pick it up they said no and started throwing it around when other people asked the same question they soon gave up

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
This morning whilst walking the dogs I found the usual cans, bottle, dog poo bags* crisp packets and a carrier bag with 6 unopened cans of beer/cider! WTF? Anyway collected it all up (filled the carrier bag) and chucked it all in the bin.

* this boils my piss this, what's the point in putting dog shoot in bag and leaving it. If you don't want to carry it around DON'T HAVE A DOG, or kick/flick the shoot out the way where it will degrade quicker than an autumn leaf.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well i reckon i must have picked up close to a 1000 plastic bottles , aluminium tin cans and other bits that can be fitted into a bottle cage in the last year . It still amazes me how i can cycle down the same bit of cycle path 4 times a day and each time new litter is spotted :angry:

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Well i reckon i must have picked up close to a 1000 plastic bottles , aluminium tin cans and other bits that can be fitted into a bottle cage in the last year . It still amazes me how i can cycle down the same bit of cycle path 4 times a day and each time new litter is spotted :angry:
It's depressing isn't it. I'm hoping to make my fortune when they introduce a bottle return scheme.

On a brighter note someone stopped their car to thank me when I was wandering the local cycle path picking up litter last week.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Holy thread resurrection.
On my last couple of early morning rides as I get close to home I have started to pick up recyclable material, this was today's haul a squashed one and a non squashed one

IMG_20230726_063818141.jpg

Tenkaykev

Guru
Yes, a good resurrection 👍 I usually pop out and do a tidy up along the road after the bin men have been. There's a local volunteer group in each of our council wards who do a litter pick on a regular basis. I think the council provide the grabby stick things, whatever they're called, and a tabard.

Drago

Legendary Member
A 60% cut in funding since 2009 hasn't helped much either

Although just the other week t'was in the local news that the carncil binning off their large item household collection service to save £100,000 a year is now costing £1.1 million a year to go round clearing up the sheet that now gets dumped at the roadside instead.

Budgets are-a-shrinking, but they could still do a helluva lot better than the sheer ineptitude thus far.

Top Bottom