Red Light Jumpers-Satan or Saviour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
silverbow said:
Hackbike 666, I'm quite amazed you have cycled the same route for 20 years! I know this is off topic, but how many miles do you think you have commuted?

Don't really know but I calculate 5000+ trips down the Mile End Road.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
hackbike 666 said:
Don't really know but I calculate 5000+ trips down the Mile End Road.

20 years by 52 weeks by 5 days = 5200...blimey, you must have worn your own little trench over that time.

I'm seriously impressed.

How do you maintain concentration, it must be really easy to slip into autopilot?

there I go, leaving my own topic in the dust!!

Evilcat

hackbike 666 said:
Fair enough just got a bit cheesed off.

never had an accident", "cars jump reds all the time", "ASLs full of motorbikes" etc. etc.).

If he changed cars to bikes I may be inclined to agree.
My point was, I'll grant you, a little reflective, and certainly not an attack on anyone in particular. Rather a summation of what I see as the prevailing ethos, particularly in respect of cycling in London, and a plea for a little more mutual respect and understanding than currently seems to exist amongst road users.

If you want to see that as some sort of personal attack then that is unfortunate.

EC

jonny jeez said:
20 years by 52 weeks by 5 days = 5200...blimey, you must have worn your own little trench over that time.

I'm seriously impressed.

How do you maintain concentration, it must be really easy to slip into autopilot?

there I go, leaving my own topic in the dust!!

Not as easy as that as a lot of the time I work 7 day stretches and at the start I was working 13 days plustretches for overtime.Plus now im old so I do get the train back occasionaly because im knackered and bored with the route although I have never gott he train in when I have had the bike.

It's not so bad on the bike coming home although I was exhausted Sunday night monday morningafter doing a long job and being diverted due to that 2012 crap.I've only had the odd nightmare commute due to that reason.

Evilcat said:
My point was, I'll grant you, a little reflective, and certainly not an attack on anyone in particular. Rather a summation of what I see as the prevailing ethos, particularly in respect of cycling in London, and a plea for a little more mutual respect and understanding than currently seems to exist amongst road users.

If you want to see that as some sort of personal attack then that is unfortunate.

EC

No probs I was being a little flower.

I know we all say it but I do try for good manners on the road and it does generally work.I know what you mean as well.

HB666 x

Top Bottom