Red Light Jumping

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
When I looked at submitting something to Surrey police, they stipulated that any video should show a minimum number of minutes either side of the incident, so I wouldn't bother trying to edit.

My local lot, and they want 2 minutes before and after any incident. Fill the online form in with a link to youtube copy of the vid.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Edit: A quick Google suggests there are a number of editors out there for Linux.
Try Kdenlive - it's reasonably intuitive.
It's not really a software issue it's more an incompetent operator type of issue

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The traffic controlled roundabout outside Tesco in Chesterfield has someone going through a red almost every change. No one seems to give a sh*t.
I see it on a daily basis in town. Fair enough for the first car because slamming on the anchors can be hazzardous, but the three or four cars that almost always follow on though have no excuse. The only thing that will stop them is a camera with number plate recognition and an automatic FPN sent.

mustang1

Guru
I had a 15 minute journey on the car today and in that time I saw 3 RLJers plus one guy who overtook two cars that were stoped at the red lights (single lane) and went thru the red lights. I then had 6 cars tailgating me when I'm just slightly above the speed limit. It really is nuts out there.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's definitely getting worse and a lot of it is the Grand Theft Auto generation driving like they're in the video game. I see something on almost every drive to or from work, sometimes they actually scare me.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I see it every day on the way to work. No traffic police. It's not the severity of the punishment that deters, it's the certainty of conviction.
You don't need traffic police. We already have cctv absolutely everywhere. Photo, fine, next! The way is in place; what's missing is the will.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

I also believe this is a monitored bus gate so the local council must logically be complicit

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Yep I see buses RLJing too. Very worrying as they are such huge vehicles. I don't think it's a generational thing (and find that comment quite generationist). Young and old, male and female, private and commercial vehicles. They are all doing it more often.

Top Bottom