Red Light Jumping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
Nothing in life is certain... No activity is completely safe 100% of the time... RLJing increase's risk to yourself and other road users/ pedestrians... Unless nobody is about, for all we Know a car could be speeding to the junction but because of the topography we would have no knowledge of this... Hmm Red light seems clear oh, mmm boy I'm in such a rush (thats the point of RLJing isn't it to maintain speed to arrive at ones destination quicker?)

I guess my point is never discount physics, certain fundamentals are more reliable than the human perception of completely safe.

For clarification I made my position on RLJing clear earlier in the thread.
thumbsup.png

this is a good observation, i would add that some red lights would be more dangerous to jump than others based on view etc

could they not turn off some safer red lights late at night like they do with the roundabout ones after peak times?

OP
OP
apollo179

apollo179

1526443 said:
Sorry did I manage to misunderstand you when you wrote "I nowadays observe lots of rljing and have never seen anyone stopped or any action taken. I may be wrong or it may be different down your neck of the woods."?
Yes so i now know rljing is illegal and
"I nowadays observe lots of rljing and have never seen anyone stopped or any action taken. I may be wrong or it may be different down your neck of the woods."
Whats are you talking about a topic on this forum for. Observe as in i see , with my eyes , when im out on my bike.
Are you deliberately being silly ?

OP
OP
apollo179

apollo179

1526452 said:
Nowadays, as in current, as in a period contemporaneous with the other thread about the Police taking action as opposed to your former more innocent life.

Yes yes yes.
"nowadays observe lots of rljing" = Nowadays i see lots of rljing when im out.
Please explain your point.

OP
OP
apollo179

apollo179

this is a good observation, i would add that some red lights would be more dangerous to jump than others based on view etc

could they not turn off some safer red lights late at night like they do with the roundabout ones after peak times?

Very sensible suggestion and worthy of discussion.

david k

Hi
Yes yes yes.
"nowadays observe lots of rljing" = Nowadays i see lots of rljing when im out.
Please explain your point.

please explain what you mean by 'nowadays' would that be days around now? we need clarity on this board, you cannot expect to post a word like 'nowadays' without it requiring further explanation

david k

Hi
1526457 said:
Yes, if the lights are turned off there is no RL to J.

and therefore a sensible suggestion as an alternative to jumping Rl's at off peak times

OP
OP
apollo179

apollo179

please explain what you mean by 'nowadays' would that be days around now? we need clarity on this board, you cannot expect to post a word like 'nowadays' without it requiring further explanation
Im off to watch the football.

Bicycle

Beyond the mantra "its against the law therefore its wrong" does anyone have a compelling arguement why rljing is wrong in circumstances where it is safe to cyclist and others and causes offence to no-one.

I feel honour-bound to cap this thread. I believe the OP asks a trick question.

The RLJ that causes offence to no-one does not exist.

The question cannot therefore be answered.

Even if the offence was in Ankara and the offended party in Anchorage, offence may be caused merely by the jumping of red lights.

Every RLJ offends someone, even if they weren't present.

Bicycle

I feel honour-bound to cap this thread. I believe the OP asks a trick question.

The RLJ that causes offence to no-one does not exist.

The question cannot therefore be answered.

Even if the offence was in Ankara and the offended party in Anchorage, offence may be caused merely by the jumping of red lights.

Every RLJ offends someone, even if they weren't present.

Ian 74

1526457 said:
Yes, if the lights are turned off there is no RL to J.

Bosh... Glad we sorted that out chaps lets have a cup of tea. I'm sure we can find another way of putting ourselves in harms way and maybe even committing an offence in the eyes of the law (I thought she was blind, no thats justice, WE are talking about lady law.... Yes she has eyes, mmm and cameras... mmm). Yes turn the buggers off when they are of no use
thumbsup.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom